1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Mine would probably end up being a dual channel drive/distortion box. How about yours?

2. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    A pedal that could read my brain waves and instantly produce the effect I was thinking of. Hey, you said fantasy. :)

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It would probably project nude women in different poses depending on note pitch.

4. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    i would have a totally Moog board. Moog overdrive/distortion/fuzz, Moog Wah, Moog Octave, Moog Chorus, Moog Phaser, Moog Compresor, MURF, Freqbox, Moog Ring Mod, Moog Flanger, Moog Synth, Moog Envelope Filter. all put into one really big case with individual footswitches for each one.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    A small stand alone fuzz buffer with variable impedance from 1k to 25k.

You know about the size of those mini tap tempo pedals people make.

6. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    Im gonna make a Car lot Pedalboard..

Every pedal will have a Musclecar housing with names like:
    Wild Pony - Envelope In a Mustang Housing..
    Twinkling Sattelite - Chorus In a Plumoth Sattelite Housing
    Fat Charger - Bass OD in a Dodge Charger Housing
    etc etc..

@ the bottom of the board Ill use a Nitros oxide tank as a loop-strip housing.. Ill also make a small Nitro "NOS" Boost flask pedal for clean boost..

:help:

7. a tuner... (never have one... so its fantasy for me) :bag:

8. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    An expression pedal mounted on a trackball for full A/B/X/Y control. It could for instance control the centerpoint of a bandpass filter and a static-swept phaser.

9. Spoiled Grape

Spoiled Grape I <3 Darkstar

May 29, 2003
    Riverside, CA
    One that could produce the bassy yet subtle treble tone I dig, in whatever venue I happen to be playing, no matter the acoustics.

10. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My desires are pretty simple for something realistic...I want a great sounding delay with an expression pedal to control time or feedback (switchable). The whole thing should be no larger than a Whammy, and 9V powered.

If it's total fantasy...I want a pedal that makes me play better - WAY better.

11. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Distortion pedal that loses none of the tone and character of the original signal, including highs and lows lost by the natural compression inherent of all overdriven producers, without the use of blending.

12. Any pedal that would *perfectly* emulate the tone of any brand of brand new strings out there. OOoooooohhhhh!!!! :)

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    A pedal, that, when active, finds world peace, and when switched off, makes money appear in my pocket.

14. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    dont you mean when on it gives you money in your pocket AND gives you anything you want?

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'd like a pedal that takes my sound and kind of duplicates it in a synth octave that I can manipulate like a theremin running through a delay pedal. Or an effect that packs my gear up in the end of a night and turns into a porsche with a sexy asian girl riding shotgun. Tough to decide. :p

16. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I vote Option 2. :D

17. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    +1 :D

18. Sarbecue Boss

Sarbecue Boss

Jul 9, 2006
    An EQ that automatically readjusts itself depending on which bass I plug in... and it can fly

19. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    one pedal huh. i'd want some sort of ultimate envelope filter that had the sounds and tone of an original Mu-Tron III but the tweakability and flexibility of a Meatball, but still in the size of a Mu-Tron Casing.

20. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    You want a filter? Wow, that's surprising...:rolleyes:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021