1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    yeah im pretty hard to pin down.:rolleyes:

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    ...thats what I was going to say...

effects, tweakable by brain power! it would be amazing lol

3. I'd need a pedal that made me sound good, regardless of whatever rig I happened to be plugged into. A close second would be one that recreates the brown note.

4. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Although the Porsche with an Asian girl riding shotgun is really tempting... :D

I'd probably say a pedal that allows the option of opto-isolator, expression pedal, and midi control of any effects plugged in to the loop... maybe also with an RF plate option as well like in the Z.Vex fuzz probe :D

5. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Wow, I was just thinking about this...
    It would have several sections,
    A. polyphonic slow attack with all the appropriate adjustments (Attack Sustain)
    B. envelope filter (Discombobulator?)
    C. tube overdrive with blend and expression pedal for gain (modified English Muffin or 2UBE?)
    D. delay (Phi Ecolocution or Akai Headrush?)

Come to think of it, each section should have it's own expression pedal. Oh, and it needs a compressor.

6. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    similar to the last idea - i'd have several sections in 1 pedal - like the carl martin quattro.

section 1 - foxrox octron
    section 2 - crowther audio prunes and custard
    section 3 - original mutron 3

all individually switchable with a global switch and clean blend or something to make it all work

7. A multi effects box that didn't suck would be nice. You know, something that looks like all the really large multi effects processors out there, just with real effects, not effect emmulation. And I don't need five thousand of them. Let it be practical. Chorus, Fuzz, Flanger, Phaser, Filter, Delay, Reverb, Octave, and good models of each. Plus the option to blend in clean signal with effected signal. It would come equiped with a fully functional tube preamp/EQ, adjustable gain, a good compressor, and a good tuner. Would that be so hard? Probably.

Then a play off of something I saw someone build on here recently. A good delay, with an expression pedal built in (like a Whammy) for Feedback/Delay Time control. A reverse delay option included. That'd be nice.

Finally, a Do-It-All Distortion pedal. One channel for natural sounding overdrive/distortion breakup, then one channel for nasty fuzz tones, with a built in adjustable impadence buffer, adjustable EQ, switch for self oscillation.

All of course, true bypass.

8. Unknowndude

Unknowndude

Apr 20, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Yes, an all analog multifx would be fun.

or maybe a "synth" pedal with several components, adjustable and switchable.. a fuzz, an octaver, an envelope filter, and a swell. Maybe even a square wave generator and tremolo. That would be sweet, I might actually build something like that this summer.

9. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    +1 :hyper:

Something simple: a pedal that integrates my name vocally into the bass tone... "vicctorrrr...... viiiictoooor"

true bypass, standard 9V power, the size of a tiny guyatone, and sweet graphics. :D

10. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    english muff'n type tube pedal... with a clean blend... effects loop... boost... DI out and option to run inst. level and mic level to drive power amp... 3 stomp switches... 1) buffered bypass on/off 2) boost 3) efects loop on/off

11. I want one that makes a sound that causes every female in ear shot to instantly become incredibly horny and totally uninhibited...

Actually, a pedal that makes my bass sound like Stevies clav would be nice!

12. tbone409

tbone409

Feb 17, 2007
    kenosha, wi
    1 idea 2 solutions

1) leslie simulator pedal with expression pedal for speed and tube overdrive built in analog

2) box with expression pedal
    inside gnomes, that made a completely acurate recreation of leslie speaker, expression pedal attached to whips

both with "lovely lez" decal on the front, checkered graphix, and a female figure that is appropriate of the title...

13. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    Maki... you're a genius. :)
    i would love this pedal, but i would have it modded so it turned into a stretch limo with 5 sexy asian girls riding in the back with me. like a rolling harem.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

14. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    The leslie simulator with tube overdrive - brilliant plan. I'm going to steal that and add one extra component....add to it...well...basically a POG - I want to be able to combine rotary speaker simulator with "mimicking the sound of bass keys/pedals/organ/8-string/12-string/Charlie Hunter" at will.

15. Boss VB2 reissue/new version w/tap tempo...

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    That'll be the "+" version to arrive later. ;)

17. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    A pedal that remembers my 'perfect' tone that I programmed in. Before a gig, when I play a few notes, a microphone on the pedal will record the bouncebacks and adjust my EQ automatically to achieve that tone every time.

18. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    No knobs, no sliders, no buttons...just a footswitch that, when I kick it in, nails the "Jaco" tone perfectly.

19. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    i have an awesome one. a footswitch that makes your drummer sober, your guitarist less of a wanker, and your singer have a small ego, and does what Maki's effect does.

20. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Inactive

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    A Morley PWB with a Sovtek Big Muff. Add a wet/dry blend for the distortion and true master bypass and I am in nirvana.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021