If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    You know, there's more than enough room in the old chrome PWB to do all that.

Break out that soldering iron and get to work! :D

As for my fantasy effect... let me think about that for a bit.

2. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Polyphonic whammy.

3. a pedal i would write on something like "steve harris"... 1sec later the pedal has found steve harris sound. EVEN WHAT AMP I WERE PLAYING. Dosen't matter how i plug the strings i will still sound as Steve Harris.

4. how about a box with a delay and 2 expression pedals; 1 for a combined pitch sweep + ring mod (like the Boss ME-50) and the other for controlling the delay time... :eek:

5. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Fixed.

6. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    one of those rack mount bbe preamps in a stomp box like the sans amp or mxr bass di would be pretty groovy, especially if it was tube driven.

7. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    :D

8. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    this was a project i was thinking of doing someday. have the boost switch be the muff+boost (with muff controls on the side by the boost control), have the wah switch switch between volume and wah like normal, and have an extra master bypass switch somewhere. maybe in a seperate box.

9. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Reality: The Ampeg SVX plugin without using a computer, just using knobs.

Pure Fantasy: A pedal that when switched on, makes guitar players good, and when switched off, makes them silent, in every known sense of the word.

10. oh that was good.

11. i would have an effect box that does everything...ever

12. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Inactive

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Fixed.

Anyone who is fool enough to think any single effect makes the tone deserves that.

13. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Lighten up, chief. :bawl: :rolleyes:

14. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Inactive

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    If you don't mess with the bull, you won't get the horns.

If you post degradation, expect the same in turn. Learn the golden rule- treat others as you wish to be treated.

15. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Okay. I apologize for capitalizing with a harmless joke on an apparent similarity between your dream gear and an iconic effects setup idolized by thousands of drooling fanboys.

No offense intended, and you might want to do something about all of that sand in your vagina.

Best.

16. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    This one's easy: a MIDI floorboard controlling a floor version of one of these: http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bin/view/Products/WebHome

*Serious* sound design. That would pretty much take care of your pedal GAS permanently. Now if they could just get all those DSP cards into a stomp-box.

Disclaimer: Although I used to help Symbolic Sound with their users' manuals years ago, I have no connection to or stake in the company.

17. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I still don't get it. You're not even in a band, and you're far too young to be in one with a drunkard drummer. And "wanker"? You're not even from the UK, bloke.

I'd just like to have moogboy strapped to my board so I can step on him all night. ;)

(joking, joking)

18. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    to be fair, Spanks... a "wanker" here in the states is someone who goes into a music store and plays tap-ons and sweep-picked runs, and LOUD. and doesn't buy anything. very annoying.

19. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Oh come on now. Both of ya take it easy on each other. We're all bassists here, after all, not guitarists. :bag:

20. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I understand there may be a developing niche market for a pedal that will make a Muff less gritty. :ninja:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021