1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. Fixed :D:D

2. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    +1 see also "Eddie Van Halen"

Spanky, you dont get anything i say. i have an explanation for that but you wouldnt like it.:ninja: im too big to fit on even JMJs board.

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Maybe because you just repeat what you hear other people say, and I get confused when I see it coming from you. Like when celebrities start talking about politics or religion. Man, am I sick of Rosie O'Donnel (sp?).:rollno:

Try me.

And who said I wouldn't dismember you so that you'd fit on my board? Bubba, I'm a pretty crazy man. Plus, I'm a zombie. Do you think you can trust a guy like me? Nope. ;)

Wank.:bassist:

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Never trust someone without a heartbeat. Why do you think I'm even suspicious of myself? :ninja:

5. god damn spanky, you are just too damn cool

maybe tommorow i'll find a todler you can kick in the face

6. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    :confused:

You alright man?

Moog and I are always bantering. It's just the way we are. No one really wants to hurt anyone.

He says wanker, I say bloke.

He says he won't fit on my board, so I make a self-deprecating zombie joke.

Maybe it was the Rosie comment that offended you. Well, that was a joke, too. I don't even watch the View. :eek:

7. you just seem to go out of your way about how much this 12 year old pisses you off, and its gotten kind of old.

i backed you up at first, but its gone on long enough.

8. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Backed me up?

I get that he's 12, but what does that prove? When he first came here, I tried to be extra-gentle with him. I'd carefully word posts and ask him to think before he posts something. I had asked him to calm down about how he seems to brag about his gear or even lie about it. Many people are less fortunate, and he doesn't seem to consider that, almost rubbing it in their faces. And I've always, always tried to make it clear that if he wants to PM me about what I say, then he can feel free.

He never paid any mind to what I said though, so I call him on it. It's the same thing I do to my girlfriend or my siblings. I do it to people here on Talkbass, and I have it done to me. If you act a certain way, expect to be treated accordingly. But moog's never PMed me. If he's offended or confused by anything I say, he can PM me. It's between the two of us, isn't it?

If you have something else you'd like to say to me, I offer you the same. PM me with whatever your concerns are, and we can discuss it privately, rather than clogging up more threads.

I only hope that eventually moogboy will take it easy. He doesn't need to impress anyone, and I think shouldn't feel like he does. Just be genuine. It takes time to grow and mature, I know. But I wish he would be a little more mindful about how he presents himself.

I admit that over the last 4 months, I have become a bit less tolerant. But as you just said: "It's gone on long enough."

9. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    This isn't an AA meeting here, enough with the feelings! :D

10. "backed you up" is the wrong term, sorry. i should have said something more like "agreed that moogboy was rather annoying with his childish antics and incessant quasi-bragging(not sure if thats the corrects term at all) so i would laugh whenever i saw any of your witty comments."

sorry, ive been pissed off all day.

but some of the "....how would you know that? you just 12" is a bit lackluster as far was clever remarks go.

11. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Alright, point taken. I'll cut back on those comments.

Back on topic, I'd like a pedal that rectifies derailed threads. ;-D

12. I think everyone on talkbass could use that one.

i would like some kind of tremolo where you could change the modulation from just "up and down". like you would be able to set it as something like "down, up, down, quarter up, half down, third up ect"

i guess it could be controlled with something that would look like a graphic EQ with sliders but each slider would control the volume modulation, which would revert to the median between each wave.

ok a read that over and it doesnt even make sense to me but im not sure of any other way of putting it.

13. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9btkeN05-8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9btkeN05-8
    I want a copy of the pre-amp section of my 82 Fender Bassman 20 stuffed into a pedal along with a nice sounding direct box.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

14. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sounds kind of like the Murf to me. Am I close to what you mean?

15. yeah, that actually is pretty close. i never looked at one closely (way to distracted by the soundclips) but thats really close to what i was trying to describe.

16. Has the ship sailed on the toddler kicking?

17. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    A pedal that controls my house :ninja: :bag: ....and sounds good!

But really a digitally-controlled analog pedal that has 1000 options to choose from, some being: Geddy Lee tone, JPJ tone, Stu Hamm tone, Jack Bruce tone ect, P-Bass tone, J-bass Tone, these range from certain amps, basses to Bass Players, and you can buy cartridges to change out for *New* basses, amps and Bass Players!

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams

:D

18. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Something like a better Ampeg scrambler. It would play a distorted octive higher + the 5th of that root. Therefore, I would produce bass and rhythm distorted guit pwr chords at the same time. Just to stomp on during the g-leads in my power trio.

In fact, I think that I might be able to design that circuit.

(I hope this hasn't already been mentioned. I didn't read the whole thread):bassist:

19. Not to get off topic again, but i really think spanky and moog could be the same person. Or at least, moog is a much younger spanky. Not all that much younger, but you know.

I think a chorus that doesnt suck all my tone would be desirable. Ive yet to find one. I also like those pitch shifter things- theyre mostly marketed for guitarists who do shred type solos, and they do the clean+one fifth up- if i could split the seperate signal to another channel and make the thing stereo, that would be cool.

20. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    WOuld the zvex tremorama be close... I can't think of anything offhand that does that... I think the closest you'd get is a normal trem with a random lfo in it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021