1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    How do you figure?

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Such a pedal exists! It is a simple one-switch pedal:

My suggestion:
    We use it on the Post your pedalboards - Part IV thread :bag:

In any event.... I am intrigued about bass through a Tremorama and/or dragon5363 idea. Anyone have some sound samples, or have tried this? :D

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nice. :D

4. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    +1 just "discovered" the tremorama the other day, it does exactly what he said

i believe akai MADE a unit that did that precisely, note the emphasis o n made, i think its out of production

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    tremorama is awesome.

6. I believe the Akai Unibass can do that.

7. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    you can do that right now. it would be EXPENSIVE as hell, but it can be done. you would need an Analog or Digital Step Sequencer, an Envelope Generator, and a VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier).

the Step Sequencer is where you would decide on the pattern that you want the Trem to work. the VCA is what would be the thing whose output you are varying. the Envelope is required for the VCA to work as i understand it, so you need that as well.

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Inactive

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    It is no less harmless than me calling you an ignorant numb nut.

There are hundred of pieces of gear used by people, not because they are "fanboys" but because they work- from the Ampeg B-15 and P-Bass to a Marshall Governor to a Brassmaster. The most sought after pieces of gear are sought after usually because experience and common sense says they work.

That said, perhaps you should be a bit more careful about using your rapier tongue, which apparently you use in lieu of a rapier wit.

No offense intended, of course...

9. OH MAN!!!! that is exactly what i was trying to describe!!!!

10. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    :D

Back on topic, I want a tiny tape echo (Boss xx-20 series size, maybe) with feedback expression pedal control. If they could stuff both of them into one box, ala the Digitech Whammy, so much the better.

I'd also like something similar to the Alesis Philtre, with all analog tone, a digital brain for storing presets, and expression pedal control over any and all parameters. A bunch of different LFO waveforms are a must; up/down versions of sawtooth, triangle, sine, RANDOM, etc.

An EHX POG in a smaller enclosure. :D

11. Unknowndude

Unknowndude

Apr 20, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    I actually really like that idea, well tape would be super difficult but a delay with an expression pedal for feedback or delay time.. would be really cool.

12. The Boss RE-20 Space Echo might interest you, there isn't an exp. pedal option I don't think but it's close...

Here it is: Space Echo

13. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Ah, you want a Waldorf X-Pole! http://www.keyboardmuseum.org/ar/w/wald/xpole.html

Well, not quite I guess; it has only two CV inputs, although all of the parameters can be controlled in realtime via MIDI.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One in which the input is whole notes and it comes out sounding like a groove by Nathan East.

15. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut

Cartridges are an awesome idea - kindof like Line6's tonecores?

16. or maybe download from an online store (like iTunes?) and patch them in with a USB cable

17. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Thanks FunkyA, I'll look into scaring up one of those used.

18. One that makes me sound like I can actually play :\

19. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Now you're talking about the POD.

20. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    "Tell her I have a rapist wit!"

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021