1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. yes, but isn't the POD midi? not everyone has a MIDI card, hence the USB connection, which pretty much EVERYONE has...

2. Bwhahahah. Nice one.

3. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I would have a loooper also being able to switch presets on programmable pedals (TECH21 PBDDI, Korg G5, ...) or have a Korg G5 in a smaller footprint with a neutral bypass.

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    hilarious. :D

5. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I'm pretty sure the POD is USB not midi. Apparently you can get different models online like bass amps for a guitar pod or vice-verse. Ask the POD people, they know more about it. Only thing is, it's digital models not "real analog" effects if that kind of thing bothers you.

6. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    its both.

7. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Yep. Here's the back of a Bass POD XT:

[​IMG]

Oh, BTW... I figured out what my fantasy effect would be!

I want a compact EHX Bass Micro Synthesizer that's true-bypass, programmable and runs on standard 9V power. They could call it the "Bass Nano Synthesizer" :D

Heck, even if it were single-channel, I'd still love it. I just want it to be smaller and run on normal power, at least!

8. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I'd just want mine to have silly names, like the b:ASSMASTER.

I've already drawn up the [exterior] plans for a "[email protected]$& MOTHERF*&@ING DISTORTION PEDAL, B!*%G=H," with a very aggressive sound; a "Mystical Combover Reverb..."; and a "Southern Baptist Church Choir" Chorus Pedal.

I would also like one that would make me sound exactly like Tim Commerford, sheerly out of spite.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'd also like the shut-up-with-all-your-drama-and-just-sing pedal. That would be great.

10. LOL. Nice!

11. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Interesting... But I'm kind of a knucklehead when it comes to racks and midi. I like the mix 'n' match functionality of stompboxes.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'd like a pedal that will wireless record my basslines to my computer so I can remember them later.

13. Funny, for the first time in awhile I'm looking back at something I posted over a year ago thinking 'I still agree with this.' I would still like all three of those things.

14. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Mar 30, 2008
    Florida
    A Muff based fuzz that had 3 separate blends. One to blend the fuzz with lows, one to blend the fuzz with my mids and one to blend the fuzz with my highs. But there would have to be no low end loss and a mid boost on the fuzz, even before anything was blended. But before the fuzz, an octave down would be used (built into the same box). It would resemble the tone of the Octave Multiplexer, but there wouldn't be a volume drop and none of the notes would glitch, no matter how low they were. There would also be a wet/dry control to get the perfect blend of 1 octave down and clean. That would be one badass pedal.

15. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Wow... who'd have thought it'd come true? :D

Sadly, EHX never delivered on the "programmable" part. :(

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Mine would clean my house and make me a sammich.

17. i just built mine ;o a fuzz that doesn't colour your tone just makes it sound more brutals with a good clean blend and lots of different tones

18. Mark Jazz, You could score a Mutron III and replace the pots with newer wider range pots would probably be close to what you want.
    I would like a double EQ pedal with three modes- 1st EQ- 2nd EQ and off.
    That way I could play reggae to jazz or rock tone without touching any knobs.

19. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Human beings don't have buttons and switches and knobs. :eyebrow:

OH, you mean...

photo_ROSIE4.jpg

:D

20. One that can automatically make me read sheet music and make me good :hyper: :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021