1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

If you could design your own fantasy effect, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, May 30, 2007.

1. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    this will blow all other ideas out of the water.

An effect that made your guitar sound like a lion roaring.

What ever not you are playing it will have the lion roaring in that pitch.

If anyone has a way of making this let me know.

2. EADG mx

EADG mx

Jul 4, 2005
    Digitech bass whammy reissue
    Looper with a real-time fadeout
    Harmonizer/shifter/octave that doesn't suck
    Fretless/upright simulator that doesn't suck

and it's not an effect but I'd like a 100% wireless recording setup

3. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    A sweet envelope filter that doesnt cost $400........

4. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Mine would be an over-saturated high-gain distortion/fuzz with an expression pedal that modulated BOTH the dry/wet blend (like 0% wet/100% dry - 70% wet/ 30% dry) and the amount of gain/distortion at the same time... so you can have the exp. pedal rocked back and have a normal tone and then slowly roll forward and blend in an ever increasingly heavy and oppressive cloud of fuzz.

5. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    A box that could duplicate "hysteria" with the push of a button, that I could sell for 3 easy payments of $29.95....

I would be rich.

6. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    I'd like a pedal that immediately summonses Milla Jovovich to serve me a Stoli & soda. The second channel would vanquish my enemies....

....Oh yeah, with true bypass and a blue LED!

7. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I forgot, instead of an LED mine would have a spot light angled up and slightly towards the person standing over the pedal with the intensity controlled by the exp. pedal as well.

8. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    i've been thinking about this for a while now:

tonebender modded muff with midcontrol and clean blend and boost function

the fuzz must have regular sustain, tone and volume controls + a midcontrol to dial the scooped mids back in

the clean signal must be equiped with volume and tone controls: so I could set the fuzz trebly and cut some highs from the clean signal to keep it overall a little clearer

the boost comes before the fuzz signal and consists of a lowmidboost control, a highmidboost control to sculpt the gain as I like and an octave up with control to fill some more space when the guitars dual
    when the boost is engaged there must come an extra volume knob after the fuzz to control the volumeboost of all the added mids

mid, tone, gain and octave up controls have to be kept on the inside of the pedal: set it once, fogetaboudit! On the outside: clean volume, fuzz volume, boosted fuzz volume

also a mono/dry output and a wet output 'cause I'm getting a hiwatt clone, I would run wet into the brilliant channel and dry in the normal channel

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021