Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you could have zero and only zero basses...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've been seeing so many of these "If you could only have 10 basses, and only 10 basses" type of threads, I thought I'd start a zero bass thread. What would you play if you didn't play bass? Would you play drums, sitar, flute, g**tar? Or would you just go out and shoot yourself right away and be done with your non-bass playing misery?

I think I'd take up the drums myself. It's somewhat a bass related instrument, and I could hit stuff alot to relieve the stress of not playing bass. :bag:

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I played drums before bass...I'd go back to drums. Maybe take up piano too.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Guitar of course.

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Synth, I'd be hardcore. I would program whole songs onto two keys, and they're be awesome songs too. So I could stand up there and rock out and dance like a man on fire all while keeping my index digit firmly on middle E.

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Probably nothing..

I rember when I started (3 and a bit years ago in order to form a band with some freinds), I was really cheap and kept avoiding buying a bass as I didn't want to comit or anything like that.

..3 years down the line and it's probably the biggest part of my life in all honesty :)

I wouldn't mind having a whirl at a bowed instrument but not on a serious level (then again, who knows once you get some momentum behind you..)

Apologies for the poorly formed English..its..late.

7. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Recorder!

In the Hizzzzooooouse!

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    my roommate(guitar player) has a sitar, it's really a fantastic instrument, so interesting. Sitar players are pretty intense too, like the real dedicated ones, it's pretty intense some of the stuff they can do like second-nature.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Started on guitar. Still play guitar. Would be a guitarist.

10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I'd be a choreographer, and watch nice little spandex-clad butts twitching at my direction, of course.[​IMG]

11. Drums and Keyboard.

I want Drums

DANNY CARREY! W()()T

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I kinda already play drums but i dont own my own kit i just play my drummers...

But if i became a full time drummer i would buy a Pearl Session kit in emerald burst... mm.

13. I would play the Key-Tar (gotta love dem eighties)

but seriosuly now, i would definatly play drums.

:bag:

it looks like a guy playing the piano!!!!! haha!!!

14. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
  15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Actually, one of my dreams is to become the frontman/guitarist for a thrash metal band.

I'd also like to be the singer for a Pearl Jam/AiC type band.

And then, there's always my dream to become the next Peter Gabriel.

16. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd probably start playing saxophone again (actually I'm considering it anyway). I used to play alto, tenor, and bari sax (alternatingly, of course :)) when I was in junior high. I'd like to pick that up again. I'd probably also still play guitar (I'd just play it more than once a month like I do now).

Can I cheat and say I'd play doublebass? :D