If you could save the life of one of today's greatest musicians, would you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Basshole, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    What? And what's up with your circular link? Wierd.
  2. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    It's a link to a thread of identical title on the BG forums.

Most of us here already know of Michael Brecker's illness.
  3. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Okay. I'm not even going to pretend to be in the know, so I guess the joke's on me.
  4. I hope to be careful with this response, but I would hope to be as much in line to save the life of the Michael Brecker that no one knew before his fame as now. I say that as a person with experience living with an illness for a long time. Someone out there matches Michael, and I hope that the person is found. At the same time we aren't alive if we don't believe that by means tragic and otherwise that we lose Michaels every day, without coming to their aid. Here and...abroad.

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Good point.

Anyone know what Mr. Brecker's current status is?
  6. Here's a section that I copied from his website:

January, 11, 2006 - Michael was the recipient of an experimental haplo (half-matching) blood stem cell transplant in Minneapolis. His daughter was his donor. While Mike is seriously ill, every day out of the hospital is encouraging. We are hopeful, but there is a long and difficult road ahead. There will be various future donor drive-type activities in which we could use your assistance and support. If you’re interested, just send an email to info@michaelbrecker.com
    and in the subject line write "I want to help."\0