Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you don't like Ibanez don't look here.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StringMan50, Nov 16, 2005.

1. yup, i knew that one, guy in the uk that runs it, there is a really really nice ATK600 on there :)

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    :eek: They had a headless 5 string??? :eyebrow: ...... in 1986???? :confused: WITH A BENDWELL???......... :eek: I'm trippin'. NEVER seen one of those.....EVER!!! ....Prestige ATK????......OMG!!!!! :eek:

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ibanez did some great things, and now, frankly, their marketing department is having too much fun with signature models. Still good instruments, but they were much more in tune with the musicians of the 80's.

Yes, I still own and love my Ibby.

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Well...I dont like the grs200..but i think that i could like other ibanez basses if ibanez had some respect for lefties

5. Yeah, id love to try one of the higher model ATK's, but i dont think too many of them exist tbh

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not that they don't respect lefties, but I think that statistically the market of lefty basses is less than 10% of the total market, and considering not many bassists get GAS like we do on TB, it's really not that beneficial for them to make a whole array of lefty instruments.

Sorry, but that's the sucky part of being a southpaw.

7. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    C'mon, at least the most populars good ones like the SRX700

8. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005

Had one. My first contrabass. Spacing too tight. Recorded an album with it, and then sold it.

9. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    ARGH!!!! I've been on an endless hunt for an old Ibanez (well two really, but the toughy first...). Thanks largely to this site I have now narrowed down what the model is to, well, a hybrid of two, hence my problem.

I swear my memory is not foggy on this, but it might be, maybe some early 80's Ibanez expert can help me.

Ok, lets use this as a building block to get us all on the same page....

RB960 The black on the left specifically

For starters, it had (I thought brass but could easily be) gold hardware. I also could swear it was a trans purple, but in a dim store it could have been trans black, exactly like the photo, so far so good. It also had the binding and the Rickie-like shape.

I know it had 4 knobs, just like this, and 2 were Push-Push for phase/tapping, I'm not sure. The description here says nothing of that feature, but I know for fact it had it.

Also, I'm not 100% here, but I could swear that the pickups had a very "Wal" like open look to them, big visible pole-pieces, not unlike this one

RB950

or
    RB850 But I know it wasnt this, it wasnt rounded on the edges. It reminded me alot of a Rickie, in fact I tend to descibe it's body as Rickie-like with Wal pickups.

In fact if it werent for what seems to be a lack of knobs, I'd think the RB950 was it. I'm sure the trans purple finish had a slightly quilted look to it like this does. Was there some variation of the RB950 that would make it what rememeber? Basically the only differences would be the Push/Push addition, trans purple option and visible pole pieces.

Any help? Please!

Oh, and the other I am on a hunt for is the P bass style RB630 in black. I miss that bass, one of my only regrets when parting with a piece of gear. Should never have gotten rid of it. If I ever find another stock one I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat.

RB630BK

10. currently holding her 4 string counterpart :)

11. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Why did they make the bridge so ugly? Why add more frets?

The Single coul is fine, adds versatility, but, I think they made the bridge uglier and reduced the Slapping area by putting 24 frets instead of 22.

12. i think it was brendan who was selling an ATK500, with the koa top. it was gorgeous. then steve barr was trying to ebay it around christmas last year. i still kick myself for not picking it up. it was cheep. what a beautiful bass.

robb.

13. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    me too, but mine is customised,

I'd love a 305 a 1300 and a 1305, nice collection would it be

I'm seriously considering having a 1300 style bass built for me

14. The uglyness is the beauty of the ATK :spit:

la-de-dah eh :p , yeah, the prestige models are nice!

[​IMG]

I really want that tho, maybe in red tho

15. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    He's got the RB800 listed ont here, but not iwth my color...I sent him af ew pics; He can have fun trying to figure out the color. :D

16. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    This site is great. Lots of original Ibanez catalogues online.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/

Just enter the site and select resources and catalogues.