1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"If you don't like it? You won't feel it!"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by DoctorZee, Feb 11, 2019.

1. This ad has been showing up every week on NYC Craigslist for at least 2-3 years. That's not an exaggeration. It absolutely baffles me. If it's a scam, I can't figure out the angle. And if it's a guy who has actually been waiting 2 years to create his "videos" and "tour", well... I don't know. I just can't keep it to myself any longer, so here you go. Enjoy.

Bassist/ Bass guitar needed for live 2 song recording and music video.
    *** NOTE! yes, this post has been up for awhile! and it will stay up until i find the RIGHT PERSON for this project.. im not looking for just anyone who can play... people dont have to agree, but anyone who can sense that im serious and looking for certain results, should reply, and we'll talk. if anyone doesnt want to talk about what im doing first? then they are NOT the right person for sure. ***

Im looking for a bass player who REALLY likes the music im recording.. im also making a music video.

This is a great opportunity for the right person, to go on and record 2 albums worth of fresh new pop/rock music and play, perform/tour locally ) ( paid ) ........ also... OR you can just record the 2 songs and be in the video...

The music is a fresh, new pop/rock sound, with an rock edge and 80s vibe. a mixture of arena hair band rock with euro synth pop.. upbeat and positive, with some groove and dance to it... but rocking! ( its very difficult to describe audio )

Very important!!!! please do not apply, if your not into this type of sound/music!!!! if you dont like it? you wont feel it! if you dont feel it? you wont play the best you can! if your not going to play the best you can? then i dont need you! Also if your just looking for the gig or the money? Or if you don't want to send a contact number??? Then do not reply... This is my process...

Anyone interested please send a contact number, and i will call you back.... ~ Thank you

2. JeroB666

JeroB666

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    That's quite the jump from recording 2 songs to touring and recording 2 albums worth (maybe its a one track album each?).

However, I can just imagine this being posted by a teen (with reaper and a pad) who is not even old enough to get into a bar and trying to swindle someone else to join.

3. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    As a volunteer musician at my church, I don't do paid gigs. That said, I know all about them because of all the things I've read here on TB. But I digress...

One question: does pay have a direct correlation to playing effort? If I play the best I can, will you pay me the best you can? How much is that, and how do you quantify that?

Raz

(leaves thread)

Mr_Moo, Bodeanly and BassCliff like this.
  4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    The Funk Brothers thought more of what they played was pure cr@p.

They sounded pretty good to me...

btmpancake, interp, Nashrakh and 3 others like this.
  5. Yep. They played to pay the bills during the day, and played real music in the clubs to keep their sanity at night.

basscapes, Mr_Moo and buldog5151bass like this.
  6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    And yet somehow they managed to "feel it".

7. Just from my observations:

There are a few local bands who are undercover MetalHeads & Punk-Rockers.

These guys will play dance covers all night & that's fine, but then they'll do little medleys of songs they actually like after everyone is drunk & not averse to the heavier music.
    They shine a lot brighter on those songs.

One group in particular often has former members show up to sit in, from their former configuration as a Hard Rock band. Those songs also have more oomph to the performance!

For me, I'm much more keen on learning & playing a song I actually like. Isn't that normal?

8. Well, I would argue that a musician should be able to give equally solid performances on any song, regardless of how much they personally enjoy it.

BUT, that's not really the thing I find so strange about this post. It's that he/she has been searching for this passionate music video performer for over 2 YEARS.

9. It's probably a scam to get people to front money for recording.

10. I've seen the same ad and have been contemplating answering just to satisfy my curiosity but truth be told I'm kind of scared.

DoctorZee and Tony In Philly like this.
  11. madbass6

madbass6 Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    fraud for sure! aiming at those poor young musicians dreamers that would jump at any chance to be in a music video !
    This Guy is just a douched bag!!
    at least now you know why his ad has been up for years !
    I Can't believe the irony !
    "if you dont like it? you wont feel it! if you dont feel it? you wont play the best you can! if your not going to play the best you can? then i dont need you! You don't want to send a contact number??? Then do not reply...
    Serious!! Wow, this guy Besides an Ahole is delusional!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Aqualung60 and saabfender like this.
  12. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    Anytime I see somebody type "im" all over the place I get suspicious right away...for many reasons. Are you too lazy to capitalize and type an apostrophe? And what's with the multiple question and exclamation marks? Who in their right mind would want to be in room with somebody who actually spoke like that?

This is a total scam. I would love for Kitboga on YouTube to contact this jerk:

Kitboga

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Lansing, MI
    Isn’t “fresh new pop rock” an oxymoron? I’d like to be in the video but I have a perfect face for radio.

40Hz, Nashrakh and Kipp Harrington like this.
  14. davegt666

davegt666

Jun 30, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    He should quit. My band already plays that genre hahah :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

saabfender likes this.
  15. Same! Maybe I'll do it and chronicle my adventure here on TB... :woot:

16. DutchBag.

17. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    Notice they're not looking to actually pay for anything they're asking for...

18. saabfender

saabfender SUSPENDED

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Between this and Glenn Fricker's "Stupid Musician Texts", there's something culturally identifiable here but I'm not sure what to call it. Surely there are other manifestations of this culture.

20. Just my $.02... this is very typical for a CL ad. In my experience, I have found way more flaky people then legit musicians on CL. This guy is probably a joke, looking for attention and really doesn’t know the first thing about what he’s speaking of. Stay away! This has “WARNING” written all over it!