Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you find something weird in your food...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ...do you still eat it?

While scrolling through the posts here I came across something hard in a protein bar I was eating. I spit it out and washed all the gunk off of it. It looked like a pebble sized peice of broken tooth, bone, or plastic. Cecked my teeth and all is well. I said skrew it, threw the peice away and finished the bar.

Now I think I'm gonna die in a couple of hours.

2. I was enjoying a bowl of chilli at a local coffee shop once, and when i got to the bottom i found a lid for a cup used for fountain pop. I figured it wasnt going to kill me so i finnished off what was left and then i brought it up to the counter and they gave me another bowl of chili on them. Which kicks butt, cause i love chili :)
    I dont think weird stuff in my food would really bother me too much, as long as it wasnt something nasty like a rodents head or blood at the bottom of oatmeal or something.(100 points to whomever names the 80's movie in which im referring too about the oatmeal) :D

3. A couple years ago at my high school, a girl i know was sitting down to lunch with a cafeteria garden salad. As she muched away she found and odd textured piece in the salad. She spit out the piece and found it to be a pice of one of the lunch lady's fingers!!! The lunch lady apparently cut off part of her finger making something and it fell in the salad and didn't care to go looking for it or file a report. The girl passed out immediately and there was a huge stink about it with the school and the company that hired the workers. It made news and from what i have seen it made the news in Japan as well!! :eek: :eek:

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    It's pretty common to find rocks in foods that have beans in them. Something about the machines that harvest beans picks up small pebbles along with the beans, and then it ends up in your burrito. Not too much harm in that unless you chomp down real hard.

I can't remember finding strange things in my food, but I definitely don't have a problem eating food that has fallen on the floor. More protein down there.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I haven't found all that many odd things in my food, which probably means I've eaten a lot of strange things.

6. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I've eaten all kinds of stuff, so finding something odd in my food doesn't bother me.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    A TOOTH!

Wow, I can deal with hair and stuff like that, but a tooth is over the edge.... Id probably never but anything from that company ever again.

Peace
    Nick

8. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I know what you're referring to. It was some movie with Eddie Murphy involving Monks and a Dagger. is it "The Jade Dagger?"

9. You are on the right track. ;)

10. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The Golden Child :hyper:

And back to the topic, I hate it when I find a vein in my food. It is usually in ham, hot dogs, sausage. Sometimes I can eat around it, but usually not.

11. Hip hip hooray! :hyper: :D

12. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Woo Hoo! I have 100 points...............What do I use them for? :meh: :D

13. Do not question the points! :mad:

14. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Please forgive me for not respecting the the point authorita. ;)

I will never question your pointyness again. :D

15. I-ii-ii-i-ii-i want the knife!!

16. Puhhhhhhllllllllleeeeeeaaaaazzzzzee. :D

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I think a hair has been the worst in restaraunt food. It was in my pancakes, and it had batter stuck to it. looked real wierd. They brought me a new plate. I like pancakes.

18. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Wow, I always thought these were the kind of things you yanks sue because of. ;) :D

19. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Brother Numze!

There's a ground (drops pebble), There's no ground in here.

Great movie, totally 80's CG with the snake chick and the demon at the end.

On subject

I used to work at a restaurant that had chili that was so greasy it formed a 4-5 inch thick grease layer at the top of the pot when it warmed up. It was totally nasty, especially when I witnessed somebody paying another person to drink/eat/ingest a soup bowl full of pure thick grease.

I have not posted the name of the restaurant or the person to protect the innocent. :D

20. i bit into a cookie and ate my own toothe once