Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

if you had a choice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, May 27, 2001.

1. swr

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. mesa

26 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    if you had a choice between any 2 mesa cabs and a mesa head. or. any 2 swr cabs and a swr head. which would you pick? swr or mesa? and why. just curious. id pick swr. a sm900 with a goliath senior and a big bertha =)

2. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    SWR because I've never seen any Mesa stuff around here.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I choose not to decide, and I still have made a choice. :D

4. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    WHERE CAN U FIND MESA STUFF ANYWAYS. I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE!

5. danny3k

danny3k Guest

May 26, 2001
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
    I will prefer the SWR, but if i had to decide on mixed together rigs, I will preffer a SWR Mo' and 2 4 x 10" Mesa Cabs, they work just wonderfull

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yes! The power of Free Will! :D

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't know...did Geddy every play either of these:oops:

8. I had a similar option, SWR Redhead combo or Mesa Buster 200.....I picked Mesa....

9. If you plan on touring or gigging alot,choose the lighter of the two,unless you have roadies to slave away for peanuts.If you don't care about weight,get the mesas in road ready cases.(Ouch,my lower back.)Both are expensive and need to last a long time.

...someday we'll all be forced to use killler 1x10 combos.Euphonics,EBS...hint...hint...old age,blah blah blah....

10. xHarperx

xHarperx

May 8, 2001
    hey I've played both both messa and SWR and messa is far better!! you pay more but you get a far better value! actually if I had a true choise I would run and ampeg pro rig, SWR has ok cabs but you pay way to much for what there worth the SWR mo'bass sucks effects are for wimps who can't play they just cover up how much you suck!! mo' bass is to much $$$ for the watts you push!!!

11. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    wa's that ya say sonny? Lemme turn down my Victrola :p

I run my Buster head through a (SWR) BigBen 1-18"
    and occasionally in conjunction with a (SWR) 2-10"...
    For those times when I think I can still hear anythin'
    over 5 KHz :) . Danged 70's & 80's Metal :( .

12. SWR, awesome tone and power...even though i'm an A.M.P. guy...
    Mesa is just overpriced.....

13. Let's see,1x18,2x10's..hmmm...metal? sound likes you're a glutton for lower back pain mister.Stick with the victrola(#1 choice for geezers,and I don't mean Butler.)

14. I already own a Mesa Buster 1x15 combo. If I had the extra money and a truck, I would own a Bass 400+ and a road-ready 2x15 cabinet. Believe me, that cabinet is enough for almost anyone. No need for a second.

15. FleaisGod

FleaisGod Guest

Jun 18, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    I'd choose SWR. I love it, and because if never had a chance to play through a Boogie. (my guitarist dreams about the Triple tho :)

16. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    don't make me come up there! [​IMG]

Actually, I think my B-15R combo's the heaviest
    at ~120 lbs. But it came with a dolly [​IMG]

The day I cain't tote mah own gear I'll...

• quit smokin'
      switch to g**t*r
      get a "classic" Pignose
      a pair of roller skates
      and entertain the denizens of
      the nearest duck pond
    whee [​IMG]

18. I was given the chance the other day to play on a SWR Bass 350 and and a SWR Megoliath. Sounded mighty nice. So i guess i pick SWR.

19. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Oh! So that's why Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham, Mike Gordon, Jaco Pastorius, Ralphe Armstrong, Michael Manring, and Doug Wimbish used effects-to cover up their lousy musicianship! Just think how much better they would sound without them!

20. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    that is a hard desicion, i think i would go for one mesa cab, one swr head, and some sort of crossbreed head.