Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you had a magic genie...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sonorous, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Well? What would be your three wishes? Oh, and none of that crazy stuff were you trick the genie into giving you more than three.

1. Total time control.
    2. Eternal life.
    3. I would wish to know all the answers to everything so I wouldn't have to hurt my brain thinking about big things in outer space and small things like atoms. I could also tell everyone their religion was wrong.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    1. a bajillion million pounds (then i could buy all the things I want -like basses- and not have to waste any more wishes)

2. that america and england were right next to each other.

3. nicer elbows.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I wish these days could come back once more.

4. 1.Unlimited wealth :hyper:
    2.Iron Maiden to be my travelling minstrels to play everywhere i go :D
    3.The recipie for Merovingian's chocolate cake ;)

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    1) Oodles of money. Sorry, money does by happiness. Live with it.

2) Good health and a long life. Maybe add like 20 years of being 21 or something.

3) Same for my friends and family. I wouldn't waste a wish on smiting my foes, but the prior two wishes would do that well enough.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    50% chocolate cake
    50% ecstasy

7. Hah! sexcellent. :D

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Sounds like he's already had some.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  10. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Thats against the rules dummy!

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I wouldn't trick him. I'd just wish for more wishes. Or wish for more genies. I would want the super power of flight, or teleportation. I really would have to think on that one. And Unlimited funds.

12. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    I figure that kind of opportunity demands at least some sort of humanitarian response, so:

1) i'd wish for an eternally re-newable, non-polluting, completely safe and easy to use energy source to be available to the whole world forever and ever. that would solve lots of problems.

2) i'd wish to eliminate the quality of cruelty from the world. fallible, we all make mistakes, breach ethics, act immorally, behave badly, and soundly thump one another repeatedly, and it makes the world go 'round. but that's human nature and forgivable; cruelty is the malicious intent coupled with harm. i'm not talking cruel irony, like dying after falling on your pointy BC Rich while playing "reign in blood." i mean torture and rape cruelty. so no more cruelty.

3) and because i'm not totally selfless, i'd want to know the answer to the super biggest questions regarding god: potential existence, eternal nature, true ethical dictates, political persuasion, thoughts on genders, what the platypus is all about, the whole enchilada. and in the best possible way i could understand it, like english and mathematical equations, no douglas adams answers like "42."

13. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

14. 1. Time control. Stopping, reversing, time travel. You know, whole deal
    2. Infinitive amount of money that no one knows about, so they wouldn't steal it, or tax it
    3. Infinant knowlege. This also including cures to diseases, and to be able to know what people are thinking at any given moment, ect.

And all of this would be under my complete control at all times.

I'd rule. :bassist:

15. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002

16. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Damn... I wish I had thought of Tim control.

Hmmmm, if I live forever... I could get a ton of interest so I wouldn't really need money. I'm going to edit my wishes!

17. :oops: :p

18. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

I give up. You're right.

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Bite me. The use of the word "oodles" gets me off the hook for the misspell.

20. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US

:oops: :p +1