1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you had just one effect....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SpamBot, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    What would it be?

I'm sorry if this has been done already, I searched and found favorite effect threads but nothing like this.

My only effect would be a Boss Overdrive/Distortion. It blends overdrive and distortion, and has a relatively useful tone control. It is a guitar pedal, so it cuts some bass, but I run it in my effects loop and blend it in so I keep bass and definition.

Let's hear from you guys!

2. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Crowther Audio Prunes & Custard. Can't go wrong with that pedal.

3. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    a digital delay pedal
    doesn't matter what brand, probably BOSS

4. shamus63

shamus63

Dec 17, 2005
    San Mateo, CA
    SansAmp Bass D.I.

5. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
  6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    This has been done to death but so what.
    It would be hard to choose between my compressor and my overdrive. In fact, I would like to see something that can do both, like a tube amp but with more direct controls over the compression and the same tone as my Blueberry. Maybe both in the same box with an A/B/blend ?

7. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    I do have only one effect..VT Bass!

8. Other than a little of the soft compressor that's built into my Fishman Plat Pro preamp, I use the Aphex Bass Xciter which I wouldn't part with -- and that I look on more as tone enhancement rather than as a true "effect." Rarely I'll use the Tech 21 Bass Compactor as an additional nudge and it's nice to have on the board. And that's all that's on the board other than a tuner. May have to pick up a Bassbone in the near future though -- just to clutter things up. :) Your choices will depend on what music you're playing. Mine's old-school thump/no popping.

9. my Russian Bassballs

10. +1.

5sg.

11. my dunlop crybaby! 105Q :D

12. Geist

Geist

Aug 31, 2007
    EHX Stereo Electric Mistress Chorus (I really like the flanger too, but the chorus is necessary for me, unlike the flanger)

13. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    a chorus...

14. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    1) MXR Bass DI
    2) Fulltone Bassdrive or Depth Charge
    3) Fulltone Choralflange

In that order of preference.

15. bodonx

bodonx

Mar 14, 2009
    bassdriver deluxe....:):):):):)

16. bhass

bhass

Oct 21, 2008
    England, UK
    EHX Bass Microsynth

17. chorus or eq

18. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    A fuzz. Not sure which one yet, but definitely a fuzz.

19. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    +1

20. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    I've played solely with my Meteoro MPX500 for some 5 years (it's an overdrive pedal, with some light preamp and compressor-like usability). Only recently I picked up the effect GAS and got myself a Boss SYB-5 and an EHX BBM. Plus now I have an Ibanez WD7 and some flanger effect (probably Ibanez FL-9) on sights.