1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you had to let one go...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SUNNyday r., Nov 28, 2006.

1. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Two amps, a MTI era Ampeg SVT and an Acoustic 370. If you absolutely had to let one go, which would it be? A vintage dilema for me?:bawl: And this isn't a veiled sales pitch. Just want to hear some vintage lovers and which amp their hearts and ears would follow.

2. The Acoustic is a bit easier to come upon that a vintage SVT (at least one at a decent price)....

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    I'd absolutely try to keep both, but if I was bound to, I'd let the Acoustic go, and thus keep the SVT.

4. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    Being late I probably won't get too many responses but local consensus is the same. Those pretty blue lines on the Acoustic cry blue tears when I tell her her days are numbered. The MTI SVT is a little rare(but nothing special according to some,well,until they hear her!) and funny lookin' as compared to her older silver faced cousins. I got both for a great price too. Anybody need a kidney, cheap?!:crying:

5. If by cheap you mean free and by kidney you mean Acoustic 370 Amp head.:p

6. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    I have decided not to eat this month in order to resolve my dilema. That was a close one!:smug:

7. Excellent choice! Food is so overrated! :)

8. Good thinkin!!!! U can ALWAYS fatten up again!!! But when that amp is gone......

9. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

I've owned an Accoustic and an Ampeg SVT and I would say definitely keep the SVT.

George

10. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    This was more of a theoretical exercise but now it might be a necessity. My clutch on my truck went out today! Did I test the bass gods patience with silly mortal questions? Maybe, but they ain't getting the SVT!!! I will have to starve and walk now but tone shall overcome all obstacles put in my way!:bassist: