If you had to pick...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringfiend, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 4stringfiend

4stringfiend

Jan 15, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Hey all,
    I'm glad to report that I am upgrading from my old 90's era Squier Affinity P bass! My budget is around $700 and I've got two suitors picked out.
    Amazon.com: Aria TAB-66 Electric Bass - Black: Musical Instruments
    Amazon.com: Fender Deluxe Active P Bass® Special, Blizzard Pearl, Maple Fretboard: Musical Instruments
    I'm really split between the two. Of course I would love to own both, but that's just not possible for me atm. I've played both and love the sound of both and they are both unique looking basses. If you'd like to chime in and give an opinion please do. If I don't get a definitive suggestion I may have to go with a coin flip :p
    Happy bass playing! :bassist:

2. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    I think the P would be more versitile (and I love the looks). However you already have a P, soooo...

3. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Buy used! You can get a much better deal used with $700. Check ebay, local craigslist, or the classified section here.

4. The Aria's pretty, but what's it made out of?

Also, MUCH better deals to be found used. I found a Spector Rebop 5-DLX for $600.

5. 4stringfiend

4stringfiend

Jan 15, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    If I'm going the used route I think I should go for an American Made P bass deluxe! That tone through my rig is perfect. The Aria was mainly for looks and being hollow bodied anyways, but it has those sweet Aria humbuckers.

6. 4stringfiend

4stringfiend

Jan 15, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    It's made of some quality stuff TAB-66
    Maple body and a maple set neck.
    To me it's like a Gibson, but on a new level.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021