1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

if you had too choose..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by airrick, Apr 13, 2006.

1. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    which fender brand p bass would you get and why, ive been gassing for one and all the different models one the website are overwhelming. im looking for one that is mia only.

2. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    I'm Loving the new Tony Franklin Signature. Great tone ,Plays like butter .
    vdmmvk.

Lousy Resolution

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I would just get the American Series P-Bass. Probably going to be the best one made for the money.

4. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I have an MIA, but really want the Tony Franklin model.

5. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    I was wanting a P bass last year but wanted the option of active/passive. I tried most of the Fenders out there but ended up with a Sadowsky NYC P bass. Glad I did as passive it sounds better than the re-issue Custom Shop P bass I tried and in active mode just blew away the Fenders. Plays great as well.

6. verbass

verbass

Apr 26, 2004
    dayville ct
    I got mine at a local shop 1300 bucks worth every dime.
    :hyper:

Check it out live at the next Broken Jones Show Myspace.com/brokenjonesband:bassist:

7. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The Hoppus.....wait, hear me out.

You see, all the punk kids buying them are gonna bash them up. If you get a Hoppus and store it, in 20 years you will probably have the only mint condition Hoppus in the world and can retire on the sales proceeds. :D

8. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    For me, it's the American Series. I love my 2004, which is black on black with maple fretboard, and the consummate rock machine. But if I wanted the vintage 1.75" nut width, I'd probably go for the American Vintage '62 or '57 reissue to nail the vintage vibe and get the resonance-friendly nitro finish. I've tried a '57 RI, and it was just amazing.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Tony Franklin for me.

10. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    AV 57 or 62, depending on whether you prefer maple or rosewood. The AV series are possibly the best made (non-Custom Shop) Fenders.

That said, the MIJ Fender P-Basses are fantastic. As good, and sometimes better, quality as the MIA instruments for WAY less money - even after shipping.