Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you like metal you'll like this!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cliffburtonfan, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's the strangest thing, it skips like a ************** at 43 seconds.

2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    That's not skipping......it's scratching! *Wikka Wikka*

From what I heard, (the whole 15/20 seconds) very old school maiden old metallica-ish sounding. I'd like to hear it all the way through.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'm not getting any sound.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It sounds good. I agree with Joe, reminds me strongly of old Maiden and Metallica. I think the singer needs to belt it out a little more, he's a bit off in places, but not too bad. I like the old thrash style break at a little after 4 minutes, followed by the cool bass part. Some of the last solo sounds muddy due to the recording I think. Good work.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I remember your user name now, you have posted clips before right. Except the singer was problematic, this is a different dude right?

I am I going insane?

Regardless, I dig it a ton. Rock on.

6. Yep thats me, i posted a few clips, weve now got a new singer and two new guitarists but no ya aint goin insane!

:bassist:

cheers for the good feedback anyways!

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Pretty simple, but cool. Basically one set of chords worked over in a lot of different ways. Very Maidenish, but in a good way. I like the balance between the bass and guitar tones too, your parts are seperate and distinct but still float right where they need to to give the song strength and support. What kind of amp do you use?

8. I like!

9. On the day i was using a trace elliot, not too sure of the model though! might have to get me one i really liked the sound out of it!

Thanks for the good feedback ppl, now the nit picking! lol
    is there anything you think we could improve?