1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you like oddball basses.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dark Horse, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    ...I just started a website to document some of the old "oddball" basses. I just started the site TODAY, so there are only a few pages - Teiscos, Nationals, Crucianellis, etc. I'll be adding more content soon. If you have a pic of an odd bass that you think I should include, email me - usethe link on the home page. Also, these are pics I've collected over the years and don't remember where they came from, so if you took one of the pics and don't want it included (or need credited), let me know.

Hopefully this can become a cool "museum" of the odd !

http://funky-bass.webs.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    great idea man, many of amazing photos on the forums. check out the coolest or weirdest bass posts for a good couple hundred new basses to add

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    cool - thanks for the tip !

i hope to add some blurbs about each of the basses (or manufacturers), a ton more pics, etc - just gonna take some time.

4. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    change the name of the thread to "THE MUSEUM OF ODD BASSES" and its all win from there.

5. gruda

gruda

Aug 19, 2009

THAT BASS THAT SAY NATIONAL WHAT IS IT I HAVE THE GUITAR AND I NEVER COULD FINE IT!!!@!

6. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    National "Map" Bass.

I believe it is a Model 85, if I remember correctly. I may be off on that though.

Hopefully this helps.

7. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    Great site. I love oddball bass designs. (Wishbass notwithstanding). I nominate the Ashbory, Dan Armstrong Plexi Bass, and the Westone Rail.

8. gruda

gruda

Aug 19, 2009
    thanks, is there a website to them at all?

9. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    MOTHMAN.
    post the mothman