1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you only had two choices of 1x12's.GK or Hartke which one and why?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Oct 18, 2013.

1. GK Neo 112

75 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Hartke Hyrdrive HX112

30 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Seriously Dude another which one poll?

40 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. Hey Guys,
    I know the GK 112's get a lot of love here. I've had two before , but honestly can't make up my mind. Which one would you choose and why?
    Take Care,
    Brent

2. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

I've never played a Hartke and absolutely love the tone, weight and price of my two GK Neo 112 IIs. 30 pounds of love, each. :)

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Played both, haven't owned either. Both are pretty decent sounding. Gk I thought sounded better and the cab seems a little better built. I think either would work well though.

4. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman

Oct 24, 2012
    I own 2 GK's, and one Hartke, and the Hartke is up for sale. :)

The Hartke isn't a bad cabinet, but there are better 1x12's for the same cost, including the GK's.

5. fivestring99

fivestring99 Old Timer

Apr 3, 2008
    The Republic Of Texas
    I have the Hartke HyDrives. Love 'em! My last couple of G-K purchases have been OK but it took some warranty work to sort it out. My HA3000 over one or two of the HyDrives is a real workhorse combination. Plenty of bottom and very tasteful high-end punch.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    SVT 112av ;) But since that's not a choice, Hydrive.

7. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Choices are too limited.

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Of those two choices, and those two choices only, the GK Neo 112-II, for sure. The GK is just a better cab.

Fortunately, in the real world, it's not about just those two choices and none other. :eyebrow:

MM

9. Get a Wagner! :rolleyes:

10. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I used to have a hartke Hydrive 115. I returned it and got a GK neo 410. So yeah, I voted GK. I think GK is a "better" choice. Hartke is nice, dont get me wrong, I just prefer GK stuff, you cant go wrong with it IMO. All opinion of course. Good luck!

11. mconklin

mconklin

Sep 24, 2012
    I played through a hartke 12 and it sounded kinda closed off, and mid forward. And a little thin. bass was a spector euro 5

12. This is my rig also...... love it!

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    GK if they will ever be moved at all. Either one if they will never have to be moved. Love the light weight of GK's.

14. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Not a big fan of either one as a standalone, really, but I think the GK is a better made cab.

15. GK 410 Neo - why settle?

16. I recently listen to a hydrive and was not impressed... I passed on a sweet deal at a best buy closeout...which is totally out of character for me... I am not sure a 112 will cut it..
    I would go for a 115 or a 2 10

17. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Mar 25, 2011
    I've had both. Love GK, Love the Hartke more.

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have a set of GK Neo112's. Love them. Sounds best when used as a pair though. I don't like the sound of one by itself. I've heard the Hartkes. A friend has them and he told me only one was hooked up (switched to 4ohms) and it sounded good to me. I was tempted, at the time I was looking, to get the Hartkes but ultimately decided on the GK's. I love the weight.