1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

If you own a 70's Ibanez bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOEBASSPLAYER, Mar 22, 2013.

1. I am looking to accumulate the serial numbers and models of 1970's Ibanez basses, and where these basses currently live. I have seen a list somewhere on the web of the Ibanez Challenger series, but never of the Ibanez branded basses.
    If you own an Ibanez bass with a serial number, please reply to this thread.

I own a model 2376 sn C761993 in Des Plaines Illinois.

2. Nobody owns one? Everyone keeping their information secret? No help?

3. Still no help? I guess this project is DOA!

4. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I own an Ibanez 2357bk, s/n is C760529. Lives here in Wellington, New Zealand.

Edit: Sorry, make that 2367bk

5. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I own 7 of them but would have to check out for the serial numbers. Any particular reason why you want the serial numbers?

I own a precision, jazz, fretless precision, thunderbird, ripper, rick 4001, and a musician mc 924. I'd have to check for their exact names based on the catalogues...

6. I am just curious to know if there is a pettern to the manfuactuing schedule.

7. mattpbass

mattpbass

May 8, 2011
    i have 2 a pre serial number i reckon its a 71 , sunburst jazz and then im geussing a 74,75 jazz bass aswell serial is made in japan g762525 it lives in CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA ,great basses , just very heavy on the shoulders lol

8. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    My 70's lawsuit "P" is packed away (carefully) in storage. I will dig it out tomorrow and let you know.

9. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I will let you know tomorrow and get the serials for you...

10. Round 2.

11. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Had forgotten about this... I'll get around it soon and post the models and serial numbers.

12. Bump

13. Due to lack of information - my project has died.

14. tbplayer59

tbplayer59

Jan 20, 2013
    My first bass was the Silver Series P. I bought it new in 1977. My current "parts" bass features the neck from the same model bass.

A few years ago I bought another 1977 Silver Series P on ebay that someone had done unthinkable things to. It had become someone's project. They replaced the bridge with a BA2, the pickups were DiMarzios, and they had stripped the finish and tried to stain it. I reused the neck and bridge on other basses. The body sits in the corner of my home office. That neck, however, is sweet and I love playing it.