Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you stole 86 keyboards...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Sep 22, 2003.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    So THATS where my X key went. The bastads....

:p

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A real test to see if you know where the letters are. THat wouldnt affect me at all, i type mad fast and i know where all the letters are.

3. cjgallen

cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    I'd make a keyboard for EVERY letter!

That's some decent money, over $1000 if he gets $15 for each one.

And if they're all stolen, 100% profit!

Now I'm seriously thinking about doing this myself :D

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    O yea, he still has all the other letters. He should do them too. Keep an eye out on ebay fo them.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    well IT guys have tons of spare keyboards, and keys and random stuff, so it's not like he stole a bunch of keyboards to do this. If he doesn't have access to a bunch of keyboards or keys it's not hard to goto compusa and snag a bunch of X keys from all the display computers.

*shrug*

Any typist worth a nickel would be entirely unaffected by having all X keys.

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    "You could be the hit of a LAN party!"

O MY GOD!!!!

NOW I KNOW WHAT TO BL0wZ0R my £2,500 STUDENT L0anZ0r on!

Lol11!!!!1!!one!!!

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    PS - it's well X-treme.

8. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Check out this keyboard on amazon :D

Edit: Bah, just noticed that they fixed it. It used to be listed (obviously by mistake) for $1,000,000.00. Someone must have caught it.

9. That's funny - I used to work at a place which accepted donor machines to fix up and sell to the disabled. We had a stack of about 300 keyboards and used to joke about swapping the keys around so some poor bastard would end up going slowly insane.

"Q! I hit Q and it gives me an R! And then P is actually F - or is it J? No, it's W!"

My favourite thing about working at that place was rubbish time - throwing old computer stuff at a brick wall and then shovelling it into a bin is great fun, not to mention good for the arms. :)

Did you know if you hit a wall with a keyboard just right, the keys spray up in a beautiful fountain of plastic grey? Mouse baseball is also kinda fun.

10. 86 keys, the keyboard isn't even clean. What a dufus..

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i saw that one a few weeks back.. that was a good laugh...;)

12. i havent looked at my keys in like a year!:eek:

Was sad how I memorized them all tho....one summer I played Starcraft literally all day everyday and I typed so damn much that I kind of just memorized it, but I have no idea where my hands are going, I don't even think about it anymore, it just happens. It's actually pretty cool tho :D

13. this gives me an idea....they could make keyboards with designs on them instead of letters, like make a keyboard normal, then instead of making letters on the keys, make like a big bass across all the keys. or write "talkbass" or something, would that be hard for companies to do?

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    well...it would be very impractical.

that's more of a user mod.

15. Due to mass manufacturing it would cost a hefty price to get a modified keyboard. :(

Maybe get a chemical and take all the letters off and use some magic marker :) !

16. Remember that movie "Hackers" with Angelina Jolie. They spray painted their keyboards.