Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you want some awesome metal screeching distortion/wah....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_player_cd, Feb 14, 2002.

1. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    All you need is an old chrome Morley Power Wah Boost(hard to find, but try ebay), and a real good distortion(something like a big muff pi or whatever else you got). You can get some of the most awesome sounds from it. The PWB is a quite noisy though and you'll have to have a good amp and turn the volume up loud. It also brings out the dist/wah better if you put the dist. first in line. You can get Cliff Burton sounds, like off anesthesia pulling teeth. He used just a Morley PWB and an overdriven amp.

2. OK :confused:

3. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    YeaH.. I gotta morley wah pedel... and a Roktek Metal WOrker... I found that With the bass all the way down on the pedel and my bass.. and the bass to 5 and the highs all the way up on my amp..(peavey mark 3 400watt) i can get a close sound to cliffs.... I think the Rocktek metal pedals are 12 bux on Musicians Fiend... I just ordered a DOD envelope filter ys'erday.. so.... pulling teeth should sound really different with that going on =D with the wah tooo hehehe... slowish autowah rate. hehe... sumtimes i run it threw a leslie.. thats real fun =D

4. bass_player_cd

bass_player_cd terminated.

Aug 21, 2000
    OK
    yeah, i totally agree with ya on that, except for number 7.... unless shes real hot!!! Just kidding.