1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you want to give your P-bass a new look. CHECK THIS OUT!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gustav, Mar 27, 2006.

1. gustav

gustav

Mar 11, 2006
    Västerås, Sweden
  2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Well to be honest it's not my cup of tea, although I think it's quite an original idea. Too bad the routing sticks out though......maybe add some grapes? :)

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Make a PBass pickguard out of a real banana and THEN I'll be impressed.

4. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Man, you have WAY too much time on your hands. :rollno:

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I don't know.....I don't find it appealing.:D

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Cute! Been a long winter in Sweden?;)

Now if you took a piece of pink pickguard and altered the shape a bit, it would be a real P Bass!:eek::)

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure I'd say it's cool looking,

How about intesting looking.

8. gustav

gustav

Mar 11, 2006
    Västerås, Sweden
    haha.. yeah i guess i sometimes have too much time to kill ..
    maybe the plastic banana business is kinda crappy :)

fruit is great!

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Truer words have never been spoken.

10. I wouldn't do it but looks original :) I don't like the fact that the pickups are not protected though

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Original, yes. Interesting, yes. Would I use it? no. :D

I respect the fact that you're willing to step away from the norm and create something new. We can't always be stuck on the same old things.

I'll bet most inventions and innovations were a result of having a lot of time. I mean, look at electricity! A grown man who was running outside flying a kite discovered it. If he would have been wasting all of his time working at Walmart, we'd still be living in the candle-lit dark! Viva la Ennui!

12. that actually is a good job cutting the banana...of course, i wouldn't really want a banana on my bass, but it makes me think of Reed Mathis, from jacob fred jazz oddysey, where i believe he just has a standard fender jazz bass, but cut the pg into a circle...it looks cool, very personalized

13. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Haha... I like it!

14. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Very interesting. I did a similar thing on a p-bass that was routed only at the pickups and the controls, I cut the pickguard so it only covers the open cavity for the controls. It's not such a good idea when the bass is routed open all the way accross however...

As for the strap. It's not for me, but I think it's very punk rock and quite origional. I make almost all my own straps. My favorite DIY straps I've made have been made from: seat belts cut from my first car (and one from a van seat found in an alley), a 70's camera strap, a russian military leather belt with buckle and a cowboy belt. If you go to resale shops, you can find some awesome belts to make straps from.

I have traditional wide, comfortable straps for practice and church, but when I play out, I like to have something different, hence the origional straps.

15. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    lyke omg! its my two favorite things!! banana w/ jeans! :bag: hahah jk.. neat stuff but i dont know if i'd do it with a pickup routing like that.

16. gustav

gustav

Mar 11, 2006
    Västerås, Sweden
    jä! bananas and jeans are two things that make life worth living :)

Eilif: that seat belt and cowboy belt strap sounds rock and roll! maybe a project for next winter

El Bajista: it sounds that you have found the meaning of life in some way :)

17. Reminds me of the airport scene in This is Spinal Tap.

18. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    That banana pick guard is not for me.
    well gotta split. :bag:

19. centralharbor

centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    hawaii
    Interesting.

Maybe you could get another pickguard, color the banana yellow, get longer screws for the banana, and screw it onto another pickguard. That way the routing wouldn't show, it wouldn't look as out of place, and you could still keep your banana.

Just a thought...

20. A banana? No.

Maybe a pommagranite, or a nice bokchoy stalk.