1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you were considering a meat box better get one now

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 254 stringer, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Last 200 are heading into the wild.

2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    How long before I can get big money off of mine? I mean, before the crash?

zapped777 likes this.
  3. Was planning to get one but just got a new bass and will be tight on money for a little while. Hopefully I'll be able to find one a few months from now that doesn't have a rediculous price. If not it's not that big of a deal. It's an awesome sounding pedal from what I've heard. Especially Janek Gwizdalas meatbox tone. But I really don't know how id use it with the music we play.

4. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Winter Park, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    I've been thinking about building one now that Small Bear has the octave generator chip in stock. I may have to buy up a bunch of those chips before they run out.

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is that "the chip"? I think LectricFX or one of the other PCB DIY guys was working on a Meatbox for the DIY community but it's been a long time since they have any updates on that project.

A dual output, topjacks Meatbox would be nice. Go crazy and have an expression control for sub volume.

6. I like the way TheEmptyCell thinks... Dual Output, Topjacks, Sub Expression...

THANKS!

A while ago I was hunting high and low for this chip, pretty sure SBE didn't have 'em; I finally found a major supplier that had them — but they wouldn't give me the time of day, let alone take my order.

7. TheMightyEight

TheMightyEight

Mar 23, 2017
    UK
    Awesome pedals, would snag one in a heartbeat if I didn't have a Density Hulk

8. Dominic DeCosa

Dominic DeCosa Habitual Line-Stepper Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 9, 2008
    Winter Park, Florida
    DiCosimo Audio
    IC M51134P

Yep, I was surprised when I saw they had it. I'm pretty sure these have been out of production for years so I'm curious how Small Bear got a hold of them. They have 92 left as of today.

Out of curiousity, what do you guys mean by dual output? Separate clean out and sub out? Or clean out and clean+sub mix out?

TheEmptyCell likes this.
  9. TheEmptyCell

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I would like clean out and sub + clean wherein the clean signal always goes to both, but the sub comes in with a second foot switch. That way there's always signal outputting if that line is going DI to FOH.

10. Small Bear probably got them from the supplier I was trying to buy from :D; I didn't meet the minimum order requirement :eyebrow: so I asked how many and I'll order them... that's when they stopped returning my emails :mad:.

11. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    If you use a TRS cable, the Meatbox gives you 2 constant outputs. (clean/clean or clean/sub)

For top jacks and etching - you know where to knock.

12. TheEmptyCell

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah but I'd rather have the second jack than a special cable. Bonus points if the second output is actually a balanced XLR so I don't even need a DI box for it.

13. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    i already have an akai deep impact and the korg g5 bass synth. Do I need one meatbox?

14. e-flat

e-flat

Jun 15, 2009
    Washington State
    The Meatbox takes a minute to dial in, in my experience, but I just love what it does. This thing moves some air!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020