If you were me...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    you'd be more handsome and terrible at spelling. :smug:

What would you choose?

DigiTech BP50 - Multi Effects Dealy... haven't heard anything off of it. Is it any good?

DigiTech XBW - I heard the sound samples... fairly diverse and each effect sounds pretty damn good. Not a great funk autowah kinda thing, but it's a cool over the top effect.

Ibanez SB7 - Another Synth Pedal. I think it might sound a little better than the Digitech, but I'm not sure. I can't decide. It sounds stronger. But soundclips online can be misleading.

DOD FX25B - Cheap, and I heard Flea use it on his instructional video. Not bad. Arguments?

Electro Harmonix Bassballs - Last, but certainly not least. I've heard good things. I noticed there is this version and the USA version. What's the big difference?

To sum it up folks, I've got $80 burnin' a hole in my pocket from my birthday. And I've been wanting some new effects real bad lately. I'm mostly thinking autowah/envelope filter/synth kinda stuff. A delay would be really cool, but I don't know, I need something funky/synthy. Any other suggestions would be welcome too. Thanks.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well i have a Digitech BP200 and the BP50 is essentialy the same thing without an expression pedal and the effects that coencide with that. Its a good little unit. The factory preset effects are decent but its fun to make your own effects.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude.....go for the Bassballs. I am just getting into effects, and the Bassballs is by far the coolest thing I own. It makes some cool funky sounds. They sell here at TB for $50-55 shipped all the time. I got mine from a fellow TB'er. Pick up a Big Muff, or the Double Muff from EHX if you want a cool pedal. There are a couple for sale here at TB.

I wouldn't go with any multi-effects pedals if I were you. Unless you just plan on using them to play around while practicing. I have the RP100, which is the same as BP200, just for guitar. The RP100 works great for low volume practice in my den on my bass. It does have some neat sounds, but nothing sounds really good. Pick a sound you want, and get a pedal that makes that sound only.

I am turning into an EHX collector. I like their stuff the best. Go to their website, they have samples of all their pedals.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah I had a Electro Harmonix flanger that I traded for a Snarling Dog Overdrive. I really dug the flanger, but it needed work. I currently have a flanger and a overdrive, so I'm set for those. Like I said, synths/wahs are what I'm looking at now. I'm thinking Bassballs might take the cake. I still can't figure out what the big difference is between the one I have linked and the USA version. :confused:
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I figured out the USA version of the bassballs is what I want, but I don't have 100 bones. So I went for the DigiTech XBW. 2-5 business days and I'll be rockin' :cool: