1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you were me??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tbwilson, Sep 7, 2008.

1. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    I'm pretty happy with my GK 700RB but i cant say the same with my Ampeg 410. It's because there isn't enough low end, and I'm not happy with 15's that i have found because there isn't enough high end. So with my experience with amps i think i should turn to a nice 2 12. Right? i have had a 1 12 and i love how it handled highs and lows. So if you were me what 2 12 would you get why and how much is it would it fit my head? Or what cab would you turn too? My head runs 480 watts at 4 ohms.

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    If I was you I'd take that 495 South and pay a visit to Jim Bergantino and ask which of his cabinets suits you best.

3. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    i have heard he makes wicked nice stuff but driving far isn't really an option to me. If i cant get it with a dealer or a GC i cant really consider it.

4. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Wicked nice? You're from New England indeed. I think you can't go wrong with a pair of his 1x12's.

5. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    haha sorry i cant help the wicked. Is there anyway i could get it up hear to play on?

6. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    i found that the closest dealer is 2 hours a way! i dont know about the Bergantino cabs, maybe a boutique isn't for me.

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Probably no, but I don't think Boston is too far away from you (about an hour on 93, correct?). His cabs will totally blow you away. Trust me on this. Well worth the trip.

8. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I'd recommend the classic 2X Bag End S15-D stack. I find that they sound great with the GK, have a similar midrange quality that I like in 12's, and have a great high end w/o the need for a tweeter.

JR

9. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I personally would buy an Avatar 2x12 rather than anything that I can find on Guitar Center.

10. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    bag ends i know i can get down my way. I'm kinda just taking a list for now and then maybe next weekend hit GC and see what they can do for me. If you go and ask for these product to come are they ok with you not liking them? Like they always offer to get one in stock for you but do they expect you to buy it in return cause i would kind of like them to just get these just so i could play them.

11. ryan(MAIDEN)

ryan(MAIDEN)

Jan 27, 2008

12. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    i kind of like to play the cabs before buying them....

13. The answer is easy then. Try them out and buy the one you like. :smug:

14. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    yes but if i go into GC with a list. will they get them for me and then i will have no strings attached when i say i don't like any and walk away?

15. I don't think you will be able to do that. They would have to place an order for the cabs you want to try out. You will really have to become freinds with the store owner to get them to do that!

16. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    thats what i was thinking......... i don't know how i am going to find a cab i would like and not have to drive 2 hours :(. But keep the comments commin.

17. It isn't impossible to buy blind based on the opinions here at TB. I've done it many times and the concensus has always been right on the money. BTW most companies have a return policy, all you would lose is shipping.

Another way to go is used gear in the classifieds. Once again you stand to lose shipping but gain a valuable experience.

18. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    this is very true and that is probably how i will have to go about this. so any suggestion is appreciated. EBS proline 212 looks nice any experience with that? Mesa 212? Are 212 a good way to go even or should i just buy some really good quality 15's or 10's? i just assumed it would be best after how much i liked a 12 i owned once.

19. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Honestly, the second I read your post, I was thinking "Avatar."
    I REALLY want either a 1001-RBII or a 2001-RB, and I'd get either GK, Aguilar, or more than likely Avatar cabs.

They're all over craigslist too, check yours, its a great way to play them.

20. tbwilson

tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    They aren't where i live......... i check craigslist once a day for bass deals.