If your dream-fantasy pedal comes true, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sindhu Partomo, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sindhu Partomo

Sindhu Partomo

Mar 10, 2015
    Indonesia
    Mine will possibly be a B3K with only one single knob and no switches, blend set around 60%.. just a gain knob.

2. Ox Boris

Ox Boris Inactive

Nov 23, 2015
    Australia
    One that detects which song I'm playing next and delivers the correct tone.

3. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    One that plays all the notes for me and I just stand up there wiggling my fingers.

4. SleazyB

SleazyB

Sep 25, 2016
    Frankfurt a.M.
    If you´re into digital- and Midi-stuff, the Axe-FX can do what you look for easily. With a click in the ear and a tight band, it would work (Periphery for example)

I always longed for a Delay/Reverb Combination that sends me into the Dreamrealm and BAM Earthquaker Devices released the Avalanche Run, so I´m happy atm.

RedJag and Sindhu Partomo like this.
  5. Ox Boris

Ox Boris Inactive

Nov 23, 2015
    Australia
    I was thinking more of it wirelessly consulting a database of "what effect was used on that song by the bloke who played it."
    To be honest, I'd settle just for the database and buy all my pedals.

What I need is not a dream fantasy pedal, but a dream fantasy pedal salesperson!
    "Here, Ms Ratakowski," I would say, "here, is my songlist! Tell me, no wait, whisper in my ear what pedals I shall need to best do this gig? And while you're at it, call over your Amp settings expert, Ms Jones! Grace! Plug me in."

That's my dream-fantasy anyway...

Roberto Nunez and SleazyB like this.
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Since we're talking fantasy ... I need this pedal. ;)

image.jpeg

7. Sindhu Partomo

Sindhu Partomo

Mar 10, 2015
    Indonesia
    Dream shop.

8. B3K Blended with a VMT(and for fun, blended into the Stockman pedal that isn't out yet). That + eq.

bjelkeman likes this.
  9. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    nice digital big emulator of my board and rest of the world pedals and racks. i'll grow old but i'll get it once.

10. ASQTec

ASQTec Above Average Supporting Member

May 2, 2010
    My dream pedal would be a pedal that shows me how my tone is compromised every time I use a pedal, and then it would remind of the money I spent on a high-end rig only to degrade the sound by using pedals.

eb0248 and BassikLee like this.
  11. An effects loop pedal with a variable crossover. To be able to have the loop only affect the highs or lows (switchable) would be great.

OOD likes this.
  12. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    If a Bass Whammy had stereo outs and a drive, then it would be perfect. Possibly the ability to harmonise and pitch shift at the same time- I'm seriously considering getting a second one.
    Or y'know, buy true bypass ones?

13. A supercharged Zoom MS60B that has:
    +Ability to chain up to 10 effects (or more!)
    +Better controls e.g. dedicated patch cycle switch and scroll buttons that are stomp-friendly
    +Improved overdrive/distortion sound
    +Small-ish form factor, with DI out
    +Online shop with purchasable / downloadable expansions

waveman likes this.
  14. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Not all who wander are lost Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Front Range, Colorado
    Effects pedal going from 0 (bypass) through mild, medium and moderate overdrive through distortion into fuzz at the top.

15. 14pounds

14pounds

Dec 15, 2014
    Maine
    Tech 21 Oxford Deluxe programmable Bass DI, with both a blend knob and 3 band eq.

ThePresident777 and knumbskull like this.
  16. Not sure about a pedal, but it would definitely come in a box.

17. I want a pedal that allows me to get the most likes on my funny TB posts. I would call it "The Validator".

Actually, to try and answer the question, this is a really tough one. A lot of times with pedals you don't know what you want until somebody invents one. If we assume it's not a multi-effect pedal, than something like the b3k/b7k already exists. But I can think of a lot of other cool effects I'd want to wrap up into one pedal.

Since I like to use Ric-o-sound I guess I'd want everything in stereo.

MojoPenguin, spaz21387 and veryvery like this.
  18. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I have mine (it's a bespoke pre) on order from Broughton Audio as we speak. I'll let you know how it works out once it arrives!

19. Love_Bass

Love_Bass

Sep 5, 2012
    Every pedal I ever bought fell shy of my tonal expectations, maybe I was expecting to much, I don't buy them anymore, I lost a fortune.

40Hz and Honch like this.
  20. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    A pedal that silences all no-pedal trolls in the FX forum

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021