If your dream-fantasy pedal comes true, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sindhu Partomo, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    Beat me to it. :D

2. Dug 1000 in a pedal....and no where near $1800

MojoPenguin likes this.
  3. It's called the Altec-loaded B25B/B25B and it would give me that tone with a tiny, high-power amp and cab at any volume up to and including super loud.

4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    vintage g&l L2000 preamp in a pedal for low output basses?

DeeDeeKing likes this.
  5. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Mississippi
  6. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I'll take 10, please!

Roberto Nunez and Ethan117 like this.
  7. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    The one pedal I would love but that isn't available as far as I know is a bass whammy type pedal that is octave up and down only where the expression pedal controls wet/dry instead of pitch.

Bonus points if you could set different mixes for the maximum travel of the pedal.

8. Oddly enough, that's not a fantasy pedal - just one that doesn't have a high enough demand for anybody to want to build. Fairly simple circuitry could get it done.

9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    image.jpeg

postalflunkie likes this.
  10. Honch

Honch Guest

Sep 7, 2006
    That one already said. Getting a database, and if you're in a cover band, it nails the tone of the bass on the original recording. And of course, some sort of autotune, i e that if it was a alternate tuned or dropped tuned bass, it makes up for that too, without having to adjust tuners. However, I would like to have some pre requisites. That you tell the pedal beforehand which song it is, and it doesn't have to guess it. It takes a while until you've started playing it, before it guesses. It must nail it at the intro (say Walk On The Wild Side).

And I would like to have the option, that it dials in a tone that hasn't been used before, with the sum/calculation of all that databases tones together. Something new....and then I lock it down, to my patent....;)

EDIT: I do think that a pedal that will mimick perfectly each and every bass there is would be awesome. Ric sound on a Hofner bass, Dingwall sound on a Ukulele bass, and upright sound on any.... Skipping to have switch out pickups for this and that punch and timbre. Or by other basses.

11. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

I'd love to see some sort of completely ridiculous vocalizing pedal like Korg's Hatsune Miku stomp, but with a mic input to record your own sound clips- kind of like a sampling keyboard, but for your bass.

Nevermind the wealth of actual musical implications- just imagine backing someone up with a symphony of farts, then look me in the eye and tell me you don't want that.

Daniel Gil and BioWeapon like this.
  12. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    A primarily analog signal path, voice-activated pedal that could take direction from me to execute any tone or sound I need - sort of an advanced audible interface multi-effect that could combine everything from effects to EQ to amp/cab sim simply by speaking instructions into a small Bluetooth mic.

13. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    a real world 'mute' ... as in ' shhhhh ' dog , wife , kids , noise , whatever ....

14. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Multi-band filter based distortion with LFO, envelope following and expression options for 0-all frequency bands.

15. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    San Jose, CA
    A pedal that combines ABY with tremolo, with ability to set phase of tremolo between the two channels. With expression pedal input that can be used to set the rate, or the pan between the two channels.

With this you can run wet/dry, A/B or A+B, as well as panning stereo trem, synced trem, trem on only one channel, variable rate via exp, variable pan via exp, or constant volume on one channel and variable volume/trem on the other. So many combinations.

16. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    It would be my Panda Audio Future Impact, but with more footswitchable options and including everything my Akai Headrush does, plus... I don't know, maybe a ring modulator, a rotary simulator, and everything that was in my old SubDecay Prometheus DLX (I never used it live but I still miss that one, hours of filter fun). And anything else I've forgotten about but really liked at the time.

17. Sindhu Partomo

Sindhu Partomo

Mar 10, 2015
    Indonesia
    Cool ideas, people. Keep 'em coming, who knows if the builders are considering to mass produce your dream pedals :D

18. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    On that makes my talking lines all sound like Ron Carter

19. Icemanaroonie

Icemanaroonie

Sep 6, 2015
    Delaware
    Wal tone in a box.

Roberto Nunez, veryvery and Marial like this.
  20. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Basically a Boss RC-300 but with the effects I want in it (PLL, MA CT5, you get the drift).

Chicory Blue likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021