If your dream-fantasy pedal comes true, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sindhu Partomo, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I found that to be the case with every distortion, OD, or fuzz I've ever tried. Fortunately that family of effects never did much for me so I never bought any.

Love_Bass likes this.
  2. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    A pedal that makes every bass sound like a Ric!

:bassist:

3. IamJohn

IamJohn

Nov 26, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Probably an axe fx ax8 with all of the tones in my head already loaded on it. Also, it would cost a quarter of the price.

...that last part might be a little hard.

4. tsheldon

tsheldon

Jun 20, 2005
    Western New York
    I think this is a potentially profitable idea as I think plenty of guitar and bass players would like this so here's hoping someone with some engineering chops uses it and then sends me one in exchange for the idea. :)

I want a de-compressor to be used with overdrive and fuzz pedals. The idea is for you to maintain the touch sensitivity of your overdrive (more dirt as you dig in) without any loss of dynamic sensitivity due to harder clipping.

It would be a small true bypass looper that you could put any pedal(s) in the loop. It would monitor the input level and when clipping on your dirt pedal, which is plugged in the loop, causes the returned signal to not reflect the dynamic changes of the sent input signal it real-time adjusts the output volume accordingly allowing you to play with just as much dynamic sensativity with your overdrive or fuzz tone as without. Bonus points would be awarded for keeping the signal path analog and very transparent and the switching relay based.

I don't know if current digital technology could monitor the input and adjust without noticeable latency and obviously getting the algorithm correct so it feels right would take quite a bit of time/effort so I doubt I'll be seeing one of these any time soon but who knows? There could be a bored audio software engineer/electrical engineer reading this! :p

5. elephantgrey

elephantgrey

Dec 1, 2011
    Belfast
    so an envelope pedal (like the filter kind, without a filter, that controls just a volume but with an effects loop between the tracking part and the gain part? I'm sure that could easily be done with current tech. Probably full analogue too, for those that care about such things.

6. MoonQuake

MoonQuake Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Montréal, Qc.
    Right now, a pedal I would add to my board would be a B7K ultra but without the overdrive section. Two seperate channels with respective level knobs and the EQ section for each channel.

7. ofajen

ofajen

Apr 12, 2007
    92.4W 38.9N
    A pedal that does everything my MXR 113 blue face delay did. Second pick is my Anderton Super Tone Control in pedal form, though I'd really like it as somebody's ready made onboard preamp.

Otto

8. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    IMG_6274.JPG

9. elephantgrey

elephantgrey

Dec 1, 2011
    Belfast
    Myself, i would probably either go for a Bass to Midi converter that tracked a 6 string bass well, preferably polyphonic.

Or a small single phrase looper pedal with midi sync. I like my big boss unit for the end of my signal chain, but would like a small looper at the start that i could record things to and then fiddle about with effects on before capturing on my larger looper.

10. For me it would be a two-in-one. B3K on one side, Darkglass voiced Rat on the other, with a built in adjustable hi/lo pass filter. Same size as the B7KU, with the ability to have either or both sides active at the same time with a toggle to switch the order of the drives (B3K->Dist, or Dist->B3k).

Either that or a micro B3K.

11. boomertech

boomertech Frank Appleton Commercial User

Apr 8, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    I think this does what you are looking for:

toadworks_enveloope_003.jpg

-Frank

12. tsheldon

tsheldon

Jun 20, 2005
    Western New York
    If I'm reading the description correctly this won't do what I want. I think this adds more effect as you play louder which most clipping effects already do. I was just looking to counteract the accompanying loss of headroom which is apparent with any clipping effect without losing the musical extra breakup when playing louder. Thank you for the suggestion though.

13. lowplaces

lowplaces Got Punch ?

Dec 20, 2015
    Louisville Kentucky
    I would love to have a pedal that with one click of the switch would tune my 4 string b e a d.

Some sort of octave pedal.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  14. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    - A pedal that makes every note I play sounds like it was recorded backwards, in real time.

- and, yeah, like someone said, Wal tone.

- Also, a pedal that gives me more on-stage charisma.

- I could write "a pedal that would improve my technique," but I use my compressor for that. (Kidding!)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  15. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Digitech Drop will do that.

16. eb0248

eb0248 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Wellington, FL
    This, I like; of course, we are both showing our age. Do you remember the Shell gas commercial where the guy in his car with his date couldn't fill his tank because he spent the TEN BUCKS on a pedal like that?

17. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Now those really do sound like science fiction.

lowplaces likes this.
  18. lowplaces

lowplaces Got Punch ?

Dec 20, 2015
    Louisville Kentucky
    Okay thanks I'll check that one out !

19. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Heh, ten bucks on gas. However, nowadays that foot pedal thing would cost $5 from China these days.

20. Gk plex for half what they want for it

marko138 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021