If your dream-fantasy pedal comes true, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sindhu Partomo, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    Trio+ for bass.

2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    There are drawbacks, mostly that there will be a bit of delay, so it's not good for slapping.

lowplaces likes this.
  3. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    My dream pedal would be something that gives a modern country sound, the Nashville sound.

4. basslayer

basslayer

Jan 3, 2008
    Beaverton, OR
    My Mod Duo can do that.

5. lowplaces

lowplaces Got Punch ?

Dec 20, 2015
    Louisville Kentucky
    After spending a couple of hours reviewing such pedals that attempt to achieve this I'm convinced that no pedal exists that will truly get the job done and actually sound like a 5-string bass.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    veryvery likes this.
  6. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    pretty much a midi controllable octave pedal that sounds Analogue, particularly like the SUB-T or OC-2. Just make it midi capable :)

7. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    A fuzz chorus and delay in one box.

8. Shooting from my hip here -

A TC Electronic pedal that can load 4 or 5 toneprints at once. One knob and footswitch per toneprint. Editor software.

SteveCS, neal davis and Planespotter like this.
  9. Spirit of Ox

Spirit of Ox Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    Mine would have 2 12ax7 tubes. One for full fledged compressor with attack, release, gain, level, and threshold. The other tube would be for the overdrive. This pedal would have two different overdrive channels and also a direct out.
    OH and the overdrive channels would have gain, bass, treble, and mid control

10. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Hypocognitive Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014

11. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Don't do it! Wait for the Deluxe to come out!!!

12. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    I don't think anyone's said this but a pedal with 1 knob. At 12oclock, there's no effect. All the way clockwise and you get a fresh out of the package string sound (and everything in between). All the way counter clockwise and you get a super thumpy tone (and everything in between). I'm not talking about a tone knob, I'm talking about getting that sparkle out of your string that only new strings have as well as the real thump that only old gunky strings have.

Roberto Nunez, djaxup and MojoPenguin like this.
  13. Witness412

Witness412

Oct 7, 2015
    I think they just did, Fret Trax

14. MojoPenguin

MojoPenguin

Jul 11, 2014
    Europe Bro'
    A pedal that shuts down Autotune on vocals in real time. Just imagine the face of the vocalists, they would actually need to sing in tune... :nailbiting:

Roberto Nunez and SteveCS like this.
  15. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    A multi where every sound was awesome.

jamersonburton likes this.
  16. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Amptweaker has made my fantasy pedal. and it's the bass tight metal jr.

That pedal is on my gas list. I will be buying that pedal real soon.

MojoPenguin likes this.
  17. mcrawfordmusic

mcrawfordmusic

Dec 11, 2010
    Australia
    My single solution fantasy pedal would be a Swiss Army knife for the gigging bassist. It would include:

Inputs: 1/4 mono and stereo (Aux) inputs. -15db input pad on both, gain control for both

Tuner: Polytune style with a mute function

Preamp: 3 band EQ, parametric mids, HPF with variable Q, switchable clean boost with gain control.

Compressor: 1176 style, pre/post EQ insert switch.

Headphone amp: 1/4 headphone output, volume control for inst and aux, auto- limiter on headphone output.

Outputs: Master volume, 1/4 output, parallel thru (unaffected) output, pre post EQ switch for XLR DI output with volume control.

Power: phantom power or 9v DC or battery.

In as small a box as possible!

Embra and pudgychef like this.
  18. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
  19. On bass? A pedal that makes me sound like Lemmy.

On guitar? A distortion and overdrive that makes it easy to get Billy Corgan's sound from Siamese Dream.

20. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    This is so true. What I would like is for amp makers to implement parallel effects loops with a master blend knob. Last rehearsal I played just bass-amp-cab, and the presence, immediacy and detail of the bass was obvious. And I wasn't the only one to notice. A parallel loop would allow adding a 'wet' layer on top rather than sending the whole thing through endless buffers and long cables.

Blu bro likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021