Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If you're ever going to ride the Cyclone in Coney Island, Bklyn....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Do it on Saturday, May 14th cuz right outside the Bklyn. Cyclones stadium on Surf Ave., in a great bar/restaurant called Peggy Oneill's there's going to be an all day R&R show. Starts at 2PM. At 6 I will be performing with Bumblefoot (www.bumblefoot.com), formerly known as Ron Thal. His name is on the package of your Ernie Ball strings - which gives him some some clout I guess - if you've never heard of him. He also helped land me a nice enorsement deal with MusicMan. :)

At around 8 I will be performing again with The Nerve!

There will be many great bands in between, plus there's great food, the beach, the Coney Island freak show, wonder wheel - and lots of beautiful russian girls on the boardwalk. Can be a really fun day and the whole family is welcome. It's an all ages show.

Details are on the newz page of the nerve site linked below.

That's all. I may bump this thread from time to time. Feel free to coment and stuff if you'd like to help me keep it alive. Thanks ya'll!!! :D

2. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Thought I'd help myself to a nice little "bump".

The show is this coming Saturday... other bands include Honest to a Fault, Allen Schraffe, The triple 7s, 11:11 Theory, Squirrels from Hell. The Ghost of Lester bangs and Good Grief.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I know you're all coming, just not responding to this thread cuz you want to surprise me, right? :)

Gigspam doesn't get much milage round talkbass I've found.

4. I wont be there. why do you constantly advertise for your shows? are you special or something? i guess i should start advertising for all of my shows now. it just makes me mad.

5. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Why would advertising a show mean I think I'm special? Why does it make you mad? And just for the record, I rarely do advertise my shows. I post one out of about every 50 gigs I do - the ones I think people would really enjoy and that have a little extra to offer other than just a smokey bar and a band you never heard before.

6. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Joe, I hope lots of people come out to the gig and congrats on scoring the MusicMan deal! That is a dream of mine. Anyway, to paniak17, chill out dude, you can post your shows here if you want to as well. That is a great way to get more local Talkbassers at your shows, and get to meet them in person! God Bless you guys, take it easy!

7. Paniak- Joe is in the city, where a high concentration of TB'ers are. I can fully understand him both A) wanting to have people interested in bass come to his shows and B) using talkbass's misc forum for its intended purpose. Simma down!

8. Peggy O'neils is a cool place, I met Kenny and Johnny from Type O Negative there once :) Its pretty close to Nathan's too, so you can get a killer hotdog.

Joe, do you live in Brooklyn? Have you ever been to/heard of John's Deli? It's on Stillwell I believe, they have the BEST roast beef heros EVER...

9. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Wish I could be there, Joe, it sounds cool. I don't know if you are allowed to tell me, but I was wondering what the details of your endorsement are.

I wish we had more cool rock-fests like that out here.

10. paniak17, yeah, that was a really lame gripe.

And Joe, congrats on yer endorsement deal, and best of luck on the show. Yes, gigspam gets almost no replies, because the notices don't really merit replies. It's an announcement, nothing more...if anything, the only responses I'd expect to see would be "how do I get there" or "what time are you on?"

Ain't no thang...how is yer champagne covered Bongo?

11. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Thanks for the good words guys.

My bass is doing fine thank you, the champagne actually hit me more than the bongo, and nothing got into any of the electronics. Just want to put out there also that the endorsement thing is brand new to me - I'm incredibly excited and happy about it, yet I'm not all that sure if I'm supposed to be talking about it or not. Nobody gave me any rulebook. :) Me thinks that if people know I have a deal with them that my comments might be second guessed as not being entirely sincere. Just for the record once more - I owned 2 EB basses before getting endorsed by them, and everything I say regarding Musicman stuff is 150% sincere. They knew that too, and I think that's also part of why I'm part of their artist family now.

12. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    :rollno:

So much to learn...

13. *sarcasm on*
    Yeah advertising is dumb. Why would you want there to be people at your gig anyways?
    *sarcasm off*

14. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Good for you. While I can't be there I'm sure it will be a great show.