1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If You're Looking for P or J Pickups...Check Out Mullinax!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tanner5382, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    A few months back I was looking to possibly upgrade the pickup in my 2007 American Standard P Bass. A while before that, I was interested in seeing if there were any pickup makers here in Georgia. After some research I discovered Mullinax. When the time came to buy a pickup, I decided to take the chance and try their P bass pickup called "The Truth." I'm glad I did! This pickup has a lot of life, and is full in the lows, mids and highs. I don't have any experience with their Jazz Bass pickups, but I figure those are pretty good as well. I had some communication with Blane Mullinax and his partner and they were very helpful, friendly, and passionate. I know there are a LOT of P and J Pickups floating around, but these sound pretty damn good and I thought I'd suggest another option for TB'ers. Perhaps some Georgia TB'ers might be interested in particular. There are a few soundclips on their site.
    http://mullinaxpickups.com/

PS: I don't know why I am writing this review several months late.