Ifeld super alloy

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TreeChild, Oct 27, 2005.

1. TreeChild

Feb 28, 2005
    Wimberley, TX
    has anyone used infeld super alloys? i have been wanting to try them out but didnt want to spen 40 bucks before i know somthing. thanks.
  2. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY

I have not tried them yet, but intend to put them on my Lakland P-bass in the next week or so. If you want to read some extensive discussions on TI strings generally, and SA's specifically, try this forum here: TI Forum

Lot's of great discussion about people's opinions/experiences with TI strings.
  3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I recently switched from DR strings which I used forever. I put these on my Modulus Genesis 5 and my Jazz basses. Very happy with the tone. Initially, the tension on the strings felt weird until they settled. Nice deep tone with very clear highs and even throughout each string. In comparison to the DR strings, these strings have a more complex tone. You can really hear and feel the difference. I have put these on a 4 and 5 string bass and plan to get a 6 string set soon. For comparison I think these sound better than Elixirs, which I think have a nice tone and also a step up from DR. I like the DRs and I was turn initially, but I think you will really enjoy the tone :)
  4. I use them, I first used DR strings but I thought those were to raw sounding (steel). Now I use the TI super alloys and I like them. The only downside is that the DR strings have more bottom, they have a nice basis. The TI don't really have that.. but they sound NEAT. Just turn up the bass a bit to compromise that.

They are smooth, bassy, warmer and especially: growling. :smug: