1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Igig gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkabilly, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Funkabilly

Funkabilly

Aug 11, 2015
    Richmond Ky
    I ordered mt G525 today, however, I don't have the warm and fuzzies about it. I know that alot of TBers have them and got them from the flyigig.com website, but I haven't talked to a real person yet. I inquired about it yesterday and got an email in the middle of the night telling me to purchase from the website, ordered this morning and called just now to confirm, and all I get is what sounds like a cell phone answering machine. ***? I guess Jason at bassstringsonline has me spoiled. 10 minutes after you place an order, you get a tracking number and a call. Anyone else have strange communication with these people?

2. Funkabilly

Funkabilly

Aug 11, 2015
    Richmond Ky
    I got in touch with them. I was just a little worried. I was so excited to order it that I second guessed myself, lol. Mike was pretty cool about it. He said it would ship today. :hyper:

3. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    iGiG bags are OUTSTANDING! I've had two of them for 6 or 7 years. I got them when they first became available and except for one side of one strap on one bag, they look as good as they did one day one! The other gig bag looks like it could be new, and I've gigged them several nights a week for since I've had them. I really love the iGiG bags and I'd, most definitely, buy new ones if necessary. Tons of storage, plenty of padding, just a really high quality gig bag. You'll be happy...:thumbsup:

Funkabilly likes this.
  4. AMp'D.2play

AMp'D.2play Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2010
    NJ
    I've owned my G515 for about 2 years or so. Out of several different gig bags I own, the iGig is my favorite (protection, functionality, storage space, etc.). I trust you'll be very pleased with yours.

Back to your OP. I purchased it online at the iGig website (mikobass). Several days later, it showed up on my doorstep. I probably got some sort of email confirmation at the time of purchase. It's the year 2016. I can't remember the last time I made a catalog/online purchase where I actually spoke with a "live" person. Plus, I doubt mikobass is some conglomerate that has a huge phone bank of customer service reps awaiting calls. Probably just a small mom & pop operation.

Funkabilly likes this.
  5. Funkabilly

Funkabilly

Aug 11, 2015
    Richmond Ky
    I've had my g525 for about a week now. It's an awesome gig bag! Way better than the case. I never thought a gig bag would have so much protection. These things are beasts. The only complaint I have so far, is that it has so much storage that it can be kinda heavy with my Warwick Thumb.

paradog likes this.
  6. paradog

paradog

Dec 25, 2011
    Central NJ
    Just ordered my own G525....hope the experience is everything people say!

Funkabilly likes this.