Ignorance.... tisk tisk

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Feb 25, 2001.

1. Tonight I went to a concert and all was going well until the last band. The band was O.K., but the bassist was getting on my nerves. The first thing that really made me mad was the fact that he played ALL of his songs entirely on the E string. I dont think that he played another string for the entire set! This made me mad, because it sounded monotonous, and not to mention all his lines were the same.. But this was not what really made me mad. The thing that pissed me off most was the fact that he was playing through a guitar amp. Yes yes folks, he was playing throuhg a peavey 4x12 tilted cabinet halfstack. It sounded like my ass! I thought he was going to blow the cabinet. The speakers really could not handle the low end he was *trying* to pump out. I dont know why this made me as mad as it did but it got me good and agitated.. Thanx for lettin me fume on the board.. Any reactions to my complaining would be appreciated :D
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't have a response to this.
  3. I'm not sure how "your ass" sounds, but I'm guessing that it's really, really bad.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I agree with Herm, LizardKing.

Maybe you should change your diet.

Will C.:cool:
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  6. :D Hehee. What I really meant, was that the amp was making a farting noise everytime he hit his blasted E string....Just clarifying... and yes, i am still considering changing my diet anyway..
  7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Well,you guys are all so funny. But anyway, let's give the bass player in questionsome slack. He may be...MUST be a beginner. Everyone has to start somewhere. This guy has had no training and doesn't even have the right equipment. In fact, he may be guitarist who "crossed over" because the band lost or never had a bass player.

Did he do anything right? Did he at least keep time? Did he at least play in tune with the others? Did he remember his parts and not get lost in the song?

Too, maybe he wrote the songs. Who knows?

Or maybe he is just a no talent guy who is too arrogant to care enough to learn how to play a bass properly, but I say cut him some slack. We all had to start somewhere.

jason oldsted
  8. Doesn't Dusty Hill from ZZ Top play through regular 4x12 guitar cabinets? I remember hearing that the original Marshall 4x12 cabinet was actually designed as a bass cabinet. Could be remembering wrong though.
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'd say the guy has a bright future, considering what....