Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ignorant Ampeg Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by squeegeebrown, Apr 3, 2004.

1. i am having a brain cramp.recently bought an svt h head and classic 1x15 cab.The cab is 8 ohm and as such the head is producing only 200 watts.What cab would you suggest i get to accompany the 1x15 .in order to get the head to produce its maximum 350 watt output? Sorry for the ignorance and thanks for the help!

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    classic 210

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The "h: head is the SVT-350H?

If so, I'd agree with CB56 that the Classic 210 (assuming that it's an 8 ohm cabinet) would be a perfect addition..or even an 8 ohm SVT-410HE is you have the budget/back etc. for hauling a 410.

4. yes, the head is the svt 350h, guess i chose to omit that, oops. i appreciate the input. just recently went back to ampeg after awhile on the mesa boogie bandwagon. feels good to be home.thanks again folks! :D

5. SVT 210HE
    I have the exact setup we are talking about here and it sounds awesome.

SVT 350H
    SVT 15E
    SVT 210HE

Only thing that could possibly improve on it is to to go with an SVT CL head.

Or even better a vintage SVT head...

6. thanks for the info O.W.P.! Again, it is much appreciated. I actually have 2 late 60's svt heads and cabs.it just isn't practical to take them out on the road anymore. that's why i had switched to boogie gear for awhile.i thought, hmmm, new. good quality and sound, lighter etc.. ultimately i felt like i was cheating on my wife...and the stuff just didn't have the soul i needed. i am a big fan of the 1x15 2x10 setup, so i thank you again for your input... :hyper: