Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ignorant people suck...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Oct 24, 2002.

1. ...but people who are ignorant, obnoxious, and stupid are even worse.

This is taken directly from my Xanga site, and a lot of it was written with emotions boiling and what not, so...I'm sure there are plenty of errors in there. Just so you know. :p

Grah...

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh man i follow you.... o h wait... no i don't. if i know who was how, i'm sure it would be damn funny. or maybe i eat to much ladybugs, it's the damn shells i tell you, red, like cherry's. but i hate cherrys,

Cherry's Bad, Ladybugs Good.

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yep...

Sounds like a case of the ignorance.

4. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Kids today...Makes you wonder folks:rolleyes: ;)

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I really love how music is still aparently divided by skin color, black guys can't rock and white guys can't rap right? :rolleyes: Which reminds me of a brilliant quote from a kid from my hometown. These are his thoughts on the band Sevendust, "Yeah, I really liked Sevendust, 'til I found out that the lead singer was a (insert racial slur here)." So that in itself makes me think, how much are you missing out in life by being racist or having racial limits? :confused: :confused:

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

Agreed.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmm...
    society these days really does suck. Im not saying cause of the mainstream. Cause we already know that sucks. Well kids nowadays, act sooo horrible, whats up with them now? They need to get there Gstring out of there bootyhole!

8. Agreed

It probebly sucks even worse than we know.

I think are are trying to be cool, but end up really annoying people.

9. if i had a dollar for every time some dufus said, "hey! you're the first black guy i know that listens to metal", i'd probably have like $152.

10. yeah, right here african/indian/canadian girl who listens to punk rock.
    just yesterday i got the "shouldnt you be ghetto and in like booty shorts or something?" aye! it was minus 5 degrees yesterday and i was in a million layers----and i dont wear booty shorts! i am not ghetto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i feel yah man
    -shoonk

11. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    LOL Shoonk :p

12. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    Yea, society does suck big time these days, I'm afraid of how the offsprings of these people are going to be like. I've seen my share of ignorant people and other people just plain evil. As always DESAFIO!

13. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I had this guy i know say the same thing to me:mad: :mad:

maninbox

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah I like that, especially because there are quite a few black people who not only listen to metal, but perform metal. I've heard some great black death metal singers (great death metal singers?!).

15. "Neil, turn off your crazy sitar music." [I'm half-Indian]

It's just a joke from my friends about anything odd I'm listening to (sometimes actual sitar music), or when some of my friends weren't quite sure to make of the Ashbory. Which was especially funny when someone came up to me and said, "Hey, I hear you play the electric sitar or something. Can I see it?"

People who do make seriously racist comments about music are bothersome, though. A couple of times after I've been to jazz performances, someone would say to me "Yeah, I agree, that jazz is pretty wild." On other occasions, I've heard the same people say (while drinking, generally) "I don't listen to that [racial slur of choice] music."

16. PAH, good music is good music, should it really matter where it comes from?

cheers

17. Nope.

And that's exactly the thing.
    It just so happens that I got really irked that day in Chinese class with the guy, and we were talking about music. But EVERY Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I have Chinese with the guy, and I just hope that he doesn't open his ignorant, obnoxious mouth. :mad:

18. The singer from Candiria is black, and he's a great vocalist. He sounds like hes puking when he does the aggressive thing. Benji Webb from Skindred is doing the metal/reggae/dub crossover thing well, and Derrick Green in Sepultura is just brutal. I'd say better than Max in some cases, especially considering that Sepultura always had ethnic/cultural connotations.

However, Fred Durst and Eminem - why?

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That reminds me, they are all Brazillian right? Is the more recent singer Brazillian? I do kinda like the old singer better, but it was cool how they are always experiementing with Brazillian rhythms and whatnot in metal. Cool band.