Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ill be at The Bass Gallery or nearby all day this Friday

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Toasted, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Anyone in the area going to stop by and say hello?

Cheers.

Joe.

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    What is the bass gallery?..Please tell

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Its the single Bass Only store in the UK. And the only place we can buy things like ritter / fodera / sadowsky / lackland / alembic / sei / eden / epifani / accugroove / aguilar / acoustic image / EA / tech21 / lightwave / axon / bartolini / j-retro / peterson / avalon / labella / DR.

Nowhere else carries any of that. ^

Edit: also, at the risk of offending alot of other UK luthiers, its the only place that i really trust to setup my bass.

4. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    A BUMP for Toasted.

Actually, a couple of those brands are also available elsewhere in the UK:

Overwater are the European distributor for EA and Acoustic Image equipment.

Labella and DR strings are available through a UK website, www.stringbusters.co.uk - it's where I get mine from.

The Gallery is a cracking bass shop that stocks a lot of stuff that you just won't find elsewhere in the UK (as listed by Toasted) - the shop is out-of-the-way and is popular with pros and players who know their stuff. It's just a shame that the shop itself is so small! www.thebassgallery.com

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Damn you, as a northener, I feel its my duty to say that I want to go there really badly. That and I hate you.

Have a nice time. :D

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I prefer the Bass Centre and have bought all my basses there - including my Lakland and Pre-Gibson Tobias - I have also got to try Sadowskys, Ken Smith, Wal, Alembic, Pedulla, etc. etc.

Mainly, they have been my favourite, for offering interest-free credit!! :)

7. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Just a quick note... Martin won't be there for the next 10 days, just in case you wanted to talk to him about setups or any custom Sei you had in mind. But Alex will be there to help out any way he can.

Russ :bassist: