Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'll be keeping it

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StringMan50, Dec 23, 2004.

1. StringMan50

StringMan50

Jan 12, 2004
    USA
    Thanks all for the great response to my post. I will be keeping this bass seeing I just started playing this year. I thank and hugged my wife for such a thoughful gift, i've been hinting about a fiver the last few months i have a four stringer and she just went out got one for me I was hopeing she would say go out and get one, oh well I did some searching on th sr885 musician friend list it for $899.99 on sale for 349.99 not sure if she got it from there, didn't see a box in the house. I will hang on to the two I have until I get good and trade them in for a pro type bass.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wise decision. Enjoy the new bass :)

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It sounds like you'll have a great Christmas: a grat gift and great love! Frankly you have a really nice bass for a beginner. If you're like most of us, you'll find that you're never really satisfied anyway. GAS always makes the one you don't have look better than the one you own. :rollno:

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That IS a nice bass for the amount of time youve been playing though. Rock on :bassist:

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Your still developing your playing skills so you never know one day that bass might be just perfect. I think you will enjoy it more over time.

6. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Merry Christmas!!

:bassist:

7. I agree with your decision, and your wife will appreciate it more than us men will ever understand. Enjoy it!