1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'll be out 8/4 through 8/14!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Aug 1, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'm heading out West with my wife & kids to visit my folks in Seattle and my sister in Vegas. I'll have sporadic internet access during that time, so I'll do my best to be responsive... but I probably won't be my usual quick self. We're taking the scenic route from Seattle down to Vegas, so my internet activities will be limited to night-time on at least 3-4 of those days.

So for the most part, I'm leaving the bass half of our store in Danny's capable hands for a week and a half starting on Saturday. If you need any detailed help during that time, it's still probably best to contact me. I'll get back with you as quickly as I possibly can. But if you just want to grab something that we have in stock, Danny can get you hooked up!

Here are just a few of the fine things we have to tempt you. Make Danny miss me while I'm gone, keep him crazy busy with Bass stuff! :D
    Roscoe Basses
    Lull Basses
    Tuttle Basses
    Gadow Basses
    Bergatino Cabs
    Genz-Benz Amps & Cabs
    Aguilar Amps & Cabs

2. ...we're so screwed...

:eek:

By the way, did we say you could go?

:confused:

Seriously, have a blast, enjoy the downtime and family.

:)

3. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Hey dude, bring me back a Starbuck's Mug from the original store.

I will bring Danny some Bud Light and talk him down to $1500 on the Orange LG. :D

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Will there be unbelievably great deals during this time?? ;-)

Enjoy the time away and the visit.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!

SUNDAY SUNDAY! SUNDAY!!!

6. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    And if this doesn't work, join us after hours for the Brick Sale. :D :bag:

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    U.S. 101 from Crescent City, CA down to about 30 minutes north of San Francisco is officially now one of my favorite drives. The enormous Redwoods and the other natural beauty of the area are incredible to see, and the road itself is just awesome.

Sorry we couldn't hook up with you, Jerry. We rolled through San Francisco about 10:30 last night, and I didn't figure you'd appreciate a late night "hey, Jerry - let's go get a beer" call. Next trip! We didn't hit the PCH at all, so we may do that route from Seattle down to Vegas next year.

I'm back on the road now, off to see the Sequoias today and then Death Valley tomorrow...

8. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Are you coming through LA? If so ping me. Yacht club gig tonight, outdoor concert Sun evening. Excitement galore!

9. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Greg, Tell "General Sherman" I said hello! Gotta get back to Yosemite soon....Safe travels, YO.

10. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I can certainly testify on the beauty of the scenery between Portland and Seattle. Beautiful!

If you've got time to stop by Mt. St. Helen do so. So very cool!:cool:

Have a great & safe trip!

Now to check out that "Buy one Roscoe get another free" email that I got from Danny this morning! :eek: :hyper:

11. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I know what 2 I'd get...

12. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Welcome back Greg!

I hope that you guys had a fun & safe trip!

13. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, man, it was a great trip from start to finish. It was mostly nature sort of stuff the first half. We visited Mt. Ranier, Snoqualmie Falls, Stout Grove and Sequoia National Park. Then we cut across the Mojave Desert from Bakersfield to Vegas. We spent a day at Hoover Dam and walking the strip, then we spent the next day at Circus Circus letting my boys get their first taste of roller coasters.

But it's nice to be home! I caught up on the paperwork side of things yesterday, and today I've got a bunch of photos to take of all the guitars that arrived while I was gone. Hopefully I'll squeeze in some practice time today, too. I haven't touched a bass in almost two weeks, and I definitely have an itch to play...

14. Bipslapper

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Welcome home Greg. When you get a chance let me know what you think of the new single gig bag from Mono "The Vertigo". I may be interested in that one or the other model the "M 80"

Thanks!

15. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    All I know about the Vertigo is what I've seen in the video. It looks really, really cool, assuming that neck cradle works properly.

I need to get a couple on order so I can check them out, and I also need to get them up on my site. Thanks for the reminder! :)

They are priced the same as a single M80 case, so price isn't really a factor.

16. Bipslapper

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Thanks Bro-ski!

I too saw the video. I actually like the idea of the M 80 better b/c it has more pockets & I am a "minimalist" bass player. No pedals, lightweight amps, wheel in the speaker in one trip kinda guy. I believe Jerry has one. Oh, Jerry....!

17. The M80 rocks. Great bag. Just looks a little Michelin-man-ish. I still have the double version, but like a knucklehead, I sold the single bag with a bass last year. A Vertigo will be ordered poste-haste, however. Review in this here forum coming shortly after it arrives. I LOVE the idea of the top-load action. At that, I also really dig the idea of the piggyback Guitar Tick bag...which will be ordered as well.

My only beef with the M80, and I suspect with the Vertigo as well....is that inner clearance can be snug on long basses. I'm [del]really lazy[/del], err....I love a quick and efficient load-in/out, so I prefer not to remove the instrument strap. With my Mike Lull basses - 35", four-on-top headstock - this makes for a really tight fit on the M80. In fairness, the same is true for a few other bags I've tried, and I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who doesn't remove and stash the strap, so take this for what it's worth...not much.

18. Bipslapper

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA

To quote Ty Webb (Chevy Chase):

"Don't sell your self short,........you're tremendous slouch"

caddyshack-chevy-chase-13372691. [​IMG]
    :D

Thanks J Dog! Are the pockets in the M80 sufficient? I want to carry the least amount of crap to our gigs in other bags, etc.. As I told Greg, I am a tremendous slouch myself, my motto is: Let's hit it and quit it!

19. Caddy Shack AND James Brown, in one post? You are wicked smaht! I bet you know math and stuff. :D :D

AMPLE room in the M80. You won't be disappointed. That said, I'd recommend at least a peek at the iGig G515. On that one, the top pocket is bigger, and it's got slightly more room in the main compartment. Also, it's got separate zippered pockets in the lower pouch, which is kinda' nice. I keep instrument cables and my power strip in the front one, and charts, pens, tools, yada, in the back one. Really nice bag, and IMO, it does look a bit more classy as well, especially in the tweed. The trouble there becomes finding a dealer remotely as suave and debonair as Greg. Anyway...

20. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I like my Protec Contego. It's been a great bag, fit all my basses - with straploks and straps.