Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

illinois old navy offically TUBAR'd

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by the Qintar, Sep 8, 2004.

1. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    Shopping Turns Nightmarish With No Bathroom Access
    Teen's Crohn's Condition Prompts Legislative Assistance

http://www.nbc5.com/health/3663327/detail.html

id say this old navy has been offically Turded Up Beyond All Recognition by a 14 year old girl. incredible.

i think whats really ironic here is that because of the manager's decision to not let the girl use the john, she ended up crapping herself right then and there, therefore forcing her and her mother to puchase clothes from that very store.

Edit by Jazzbo. It is against copyright law to post an entire article. You may post a link, and know more than a line or two of quoted text from any webpage.

Also, your use of the word "ironic" is incorrect. The situation you describe is mearly a coincidence, not irony.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If I were told no, I would have gone directly to the changing room with some soft, absorbent cotton t shirts. :D

What a prick, that guy should be fired.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Im detecting a slight theme in the original poster's postings....i'm wondering if anyone else can sniff it out ;) :D

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    A penchant for things scatalogical? Haven't seen his other posts....

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  6. I feel for that girl.. I have had similar (IBS) situations but somehow found a place to do it... but if it ever came down to what she went through I wouldn't have hesitated to pull my pants down and do it right there for them smell and clean up. Then I'd call my lawer and sue their a$$ for public humiliation and claim cronic stress disorder...

7. Being an arrogant bastard, I would have pulled down my pants and not even waited to go to a change room. No need to waste more time than they already had. I do like the absorbent cotton idea, though. :smug:

Leigh

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    One time back in '98 I was on a date and a very Chron's-like urge struck me while we were out at the beach in the middle of nowhere. I managed to hold it until we got to the karaoke place that we were going next and I thought I was good as gold until I walked into the restroom and there was someone in the only stall. Oh man I was hurting by then. I just couldn't hold it any more and...how should I say...some of it escaped. When I finally got access to the stall I took a look to assess the damage. Luckily most of it was contained by my tighty-whitey underwear, which was good since I was wearing some thin, light-colored khakis. At that point I took out my trusty keychain swiss army knife and cut the underwear off and threw them in the corner. I cleaned up and freeballed it the rest of the night and she was none the wiser. Whew!

brad cook

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    BTW, show some depth qintar....you're looking like a one-trick pony.

brad cook

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    As soon as they said no, she should have just gone to another store.

Sometimes people are so stupid.....why stand there and argue while your daughter craps all over herself? Just go to another freakin' store. The 5-10 mintes that they stood there waiting would have been adequate time to find another location.

-Mike

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't know man, if another employee lead her to believe that the manager was coming to let them into the bathroom she might wait. When you get a feeling like that with the condition that she has you probably feel like you can't make it to the next place...especially if you believe that the manager is coming any second.

brad cook

12. Moving might make holding it off harder.

Leigh

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Good point Brad....It must be in how we each understand the story. I read it as they were waiting for approval. I'm just saying that if I got anything but a "yes, you can", I would be out the door. Now I can understand how you read the story....so if the manager shows up and says "no", then I'm walking out immediately. Here is where the stupidity comes in....walk away, take your chances going somewhere else. It is obvious this buffoon is saying no, so you might as well make a run for it.

-Mike

14. Good job! Unfortunately, you obviously didn't get any, though! :p

Leigh

15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  16. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    :D

17. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I can't figure out how I missed this crown jewel of
    OT threads. I must be losing it.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i dont understand people... if that would happen to me i would not think twice about pooping on the managers desk...

Or even better on the floor where i would be sure some lady with walk all over it dragging it all over the store and then sueing the store... because i am not the one to sue but boy would it be funny someone else sueing them for that... As well as "clean up at...."

19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    She never found out? That means the date didn't go as well as you hoped? ;)

20. just make a nice pile of all the most expensive clothes in the store...

yes I do realize this thread is old