Im a beginner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShadowFire, Jul 31, 2002.

1. ShadowFire

Jul 31, 2002
    Well technically Im not a beginer because I havnt bought a bass yet, but thats why Im here.

Right now im thinking about Ibanez vs Peavey. I forgot to check what model of Peavey it was while I was at the store, it cost about $220 if any of you knowledgable people can figure out which model it is, and the Ibanez would be a GSR200. So which would you suggest? This is my first bass. Also can anyone suggest an amp to learn on. Since Ill just be learning on it Im gonna want a cheap little amp, but I also dont want it to sound like someone taking a crap.

Thnx for any help
  2. ShadowFire

Jul 31, 2002
    I also meant to ask...... What do you think about buying equipment off of Ebay?

Thnx agian.
  3. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    I would highly suggest you do not buy your first bass on ebay. That first bass has to feel nice and comfortable, or else you won't want to play it. But then again if you find a bass you love the feel and sound of, you can't go wrong finding a used one kicking around on ebay.
  4. Listen

May 19, 2002
    how about an Ibanez SR300DX? (look in my signature)
  5. Boomerang's right, it is very imporant that you get a bass that feels right for you.
    Go to different music stores and try as many basses as you can.