im a bit confused

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer1494, Jan 23, 2009.

1. well i just got a fender bxr 200 bass head along with a fender bxr115 cab, sounds great.well anyways on the back of the head were the 2 inputs r it says 200w total but to the right it says 120vac 60ghz 540w, im not sure if the head is 200w or 540w, i need some clarification

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    it is 200 watts output

3. thanx man its my first stack i ever got ive been playin 4 a year and a half hbu

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    The 540 watts is how much the amp can/will potentially draw from the AC outlet.

5. oh ok im a moron

6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    You're not a moron, lot's of people get confused over this.
    No worries, mate. :)

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    The worst thing ever is when shopping for used gear like on craigslist, and someone puts that wattage instead of the actual output wattage. I've seen that I don't even know how many times.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

It's off topic I know! But I too am very confused!!! My son just bought me, this is the son who thinks we are too old to trade Christmas and birthday gifts! , A 15" Mac Book Pro! In the vernacular, I was completely gobsmaked! (English descriptor!), I writing this on it now!

Could someone be kind enough to let me know what planet I'm on???

Paul

9. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Paul you have now apparently come out of the closet, I feel for you buddy. The good news, you can put Vista on a Mac Book Pro if you become overwhelmed. It does work good with an IPOD though. I bought a mac so my kid could do that. Also audio and video editing has good software for mac... You might actually use it to record someday... After you figure out how to make it work. OH yeah and don't you have to pay a MAC TAX every month up in Canada to own one of those? BOB

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Nah Bob! we's enlightened we is! You only pay tax ifn' you use that dreaded Microsoft stuff on it!

As I am progressing from an ordinary MacBook and still own a G5 I think I,m safe!

You know I just can't stand the idiots who would send viruses out to destoy the machines of folk they don't even know! These people should be sent to a disfurbished Guantanamo (sp) Bay to rot for the rest of their damn lives!

OK I'm off the soapbox again! :) but I do really hate those guys even if, as a Mac user they don't bother me too much!

Goodnight Bob, have a great tomorrow! Have a drink for me, I'll be sixty three! Do you remember when that seemed so old??? <sigh>

Paul

11. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    You have 10 on me buddy. Congrats I will be very lucky to make it that far. Funny when I was 15 I thought I'd never see 21 and tried to live up to my expectations, but now at 53 the deck is stacked pretty hard, buried my business partner at 56 2 years ago. Bottoms up. BOB

12. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Bob, I will raise a glass to you and Sir, to your late friend. It's hard losing someone close, but remember there are people out here who care!

Paul

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021