im a dufus please help me

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Aug 11, 2003.

1. yeah ive been playing bass for a few years, and know what im doing when it comes to cabs, but i have no clue what to look for in a head, so can you guys help me please and thanks?
  2. fist of all what kind of money are you looking to spend what sound are you looking for and how loud do you wnat to be?
  3. something that will run a 4x10 cabinet to full power, able to make it sound like old metal cones but also be able to have the newer cone sound with lots of compression if i want it, i want it to be loud but at the same time very clear and distinct. if any of that makes sense haha.
  4. what are you looking to spend?
  5. i dont know how much, but about the same price as my cab, and im looking at getting a hartke 4x10, so whatever...:meh:
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey aren't retarded. Asking around before you buy is smart.

Retarded is going to the music store and buying whatever the salesman puts in your hands.

You have a lot of choices for what you want. I use a Hartke, that works great for me. I have played on a couple GK's, and they rock. You can go with a Peavey for volume and reliability. I am sure I missed a few brands, some others will let you know about them. I ain't gonna comment on gear I have not personally played.