1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm a dumb man....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by clayton, Mar 24, 2006.

1. clayton

clayton

Jun 26, 2005
    .....I got offered a 78 Fender P-bass honey sunburst in perfect condition (the only one in Bogotá and my fav bass ever). The guy selling it to me would recieve as payment my B.C Innovator for around US$800 and I have the money to pay for the remaining.

What did I do?? I didn't do it, I just couldn't get rid of my B.C Rich....I love that bass...:scowl:

2. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Why didn't you try to work out an alternate deal with him,
    a hefty down payment and the rest later or seomething?
    Get creative!

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

TRADE TRADE TRADE!!!

4. +1!!!!!!

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    +1

6. Fender BETTER. Go get it. Crawl on your belly if you have to. Just go get it!!

Rock on
    Eric

7. i dunno, you can get a lot of bc rich basses, but can't find many 78 P-basses anymore...i hear fender discontinued making 78 p-basses around the beginning of 1979 ;)

my thoughts are, go for the pbass because it would be easier for you to find another innovator rather than find another later 70s pbass...

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Finally, a thread title that delivers! :p

j/k!

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    This is off topic how, exactly?

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Personally I don't think your stupid. I love my BCR Innovator and I think more people would if they actually took the time to try one. Are you sure the Fender is your favorite? ;) BTW, I would take it over any Fender I have ever tried.

However, like the guys have said, you won't find too many of those around and you said it is your favorite, right? I would try to work out another way to pay for it. That way you get to keep your Innovator and get the Fender.

Be creative. You never know what someone will agree to until you ask!

11. i would say that the innovator is probably a great bass, but i would think that in terms of resale value, a 78 pbass would trump the BC rich...i realize that resale value is not the main point, but it is something to think about maybe

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    What are you, a moderator.

Anyway, keep the bass you love. Having things to have things is pointless.

13. clayton

clayton

Jun 26, 2005
    Well, I did the weirdest deal with this guy and I'm getting the bass.

The guy is selling becauase he wants to get an active bass, hence the reason why he would receive my B.C Rich, so I told him to go and find an active bass he would like in the same price range as the price he's asking for the p-bass. He did it and found a brand new Ibanez SRX 800 (I think) and I'm gonna pay fot it with my credit card because that's the only way I could ever afford the bass without selling my B.C Rich.

So, if everything goes as agreed, by the end of this week I'll have my p-bass and he'll own a brand new Ibanez which I'll be paying for.:hyper:

14. clayton

clayton

Jun 26, 2005

You also own an Innovator?? that's pretty cool :D

Don't you find its sound is just perfect when playing in a band situation? I've neer heard a bass cut through a dense mix with such ease as my Innovator, though the tone by itself out of the mix is not greatest.:oops:

btw, here's a photo of my B.C Rich:

P1010015.

15. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sweet Innovator there! I'm glad you worked out a deal. Now you have two great basses! :bassist:

My Innovator sounds really good in the mix as well but it also sounds good by itself. Ofcourse mine is an old '90 model with a passive P/J pup setup so that might make the difference. It is currently being restored as the finish was a little beat up. Here is a pic of it before the resto:

BCRich1.

16. clayton

clayton

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow, that's a beautiful bass.....didn't know the Innovators where made back in the 90's...as far as I knew they started to be made on 2001.

Do you have any recordings of it??