Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Im a forum virgin...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by slappinandtappi, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Hey everyone, this is my first and hopefully not last post to this forum. I have only been playing for a little less than a year now but Im doing ok i guess. My real question is I am trying to learn Amazing Grace, and cannot find tabs for it anywhere. If anyone knows where i can find the tabs let me know.
    thanks.

2. Welcome

As a Former TabCrawler and a newbie, I have found that even when u locate a Tab 70% of the time it isn't right. Better off looking for the Music. I don't read music myself but am trying to learn (www.libster.com) .

3. I was in a chorus for about 7 years so I can read music farely well, its just taking the notes on the music and transforming them into a fret number on the bass that i struggle with, is there anywhere or anything i can get that will help with that.
    thanks

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    hey man. welcome to TB. you can find tabs anywhere for it. or.. you can learn the victor wooten version :).... if you read music well... then you can get a hymnal.
    peace,

jim

5. [​IMG]

I am still trying to figure out EF and BC myself.

6. What would be a good site to find the tabs/music for amazing grace, i have looked everywhere and can not find it in tab form. I know its not good but i need to learn it just quickly for now. thanks.

7. utibassist

utibassist

Jan 26, 2002
    England
    my advice is to just listen to the song and not use tabs and to try and work it out by ear.Getting the tabs may be easier but this is far more rewarding,and the tabs would probably be wrong anyway.

8. That brings me into another little problem, I cannot do that for the life of me. i try to do it and i cannot hear the bass part well enough to figure it out. is there any tips or secrets on that. thanks.

9. sing it,

After a few minutes noodeling just now I think it starts on G on the E string then to C on the A string.
    I may be wrong about the strings and I didn't continue but you get the idea.

EDIT? How did this get at the top ?

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Take it one note at a time.

11. Hey i know how to play it on bass it, my way of playing it starts with d instead of g but if you want i can try to tab it for you. Email me if interested

FarbeyondDriven18@hotmail.com