I'm a lucky guy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, May 9, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, so it's moving out time here at Edinboro, people are throwing out stuff they don't want so they don't have to carry it around anymore. I have a friend named Aaron who use to play bass a bit, but he quit completely and hid his bass/amp in the closet, I completely forgot he played the bass. So he gives me a ring yesterday and says... "Hey, want a free bass and amp" and I'm like, "Ok."

I got a Peavey T-40... it's really slick looking, needs work... action... sucks. Truss rod tweaking need be done. Stings are at least a year and a half old... I'm guessing a LOT older. With work, this could be niiiiiiice.

The amp is a Peavey 60 watt. Not sure exactly of it's brand or anything, but it's nice. I've got a Fender bassman 60 to compare it to, and I think I'm diggin the Peavey more. It's got growl baby, growl I like! :bassist:

Free is a bit too... free for something this nice. He bought it off someone as a favor for 150 so since I'm not rolling in the dough, I"m gonna give him 50 for it. It beats nothing. So yeah. I'm awesome.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    dOOd,,,free stuff rawks.
  3. *smacks PB on head with steel chair*

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    *Grabs MB's head, starts pummuling it with fist.*:spit:
  5. *bites PB's hand, knaws*

*kicks nadz*

Microbass is the chapion!

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    *Nick sneaks in from the lockers and smacks Microbass in head with steel chair*

And since I brought my own referee, and we all know this is a hardcore title match, I take the belt!

And then of course, I ride away in my hum-v limo, and escape as the champion.

Muwahahaha :D
  7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    But not before Stu put his own sledge hammer thru the back window...
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Good deals for 1/2 decent stuff is cool!
  9. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I had a T40 for a year or so back in the early '80's. It was waaaaaaaaaaay too heavy, but it had a good tone. It was the bass I was playing when I got my Acoustic amp.

Tone of Doom. But not worth the weight. Traded up to a no name (Univox, maybe?) Rickenbacker copy.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Walmart's been workin' me like a dog and I've been busy moving out of the old apartment, now I'm at my parents house, so I haven't had time to tweak around with anything.

Yes, hella heavy, I can't wait to play around with the action/ get new strings.
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I want to thank a fellow TB'er (who shall remain nameless) that sent me some bass videos that he didn't use now...

guess im a lucky guy too!! :)

Edit: oh what the hell... THANK YOU TBG!! :D
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The Peavy T-40 is being a suck. It occasionally fuzzes out, it sometimes distorts (it's not the amp). I dunno, it appears it will need some work... the amps cool though, so I can't complain.
  13. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    If I got a free bass, I'd turn it into a frankenstien. Experiment with pickups and preamps and all sorts of gadgets. Pull it apart and put it back together again just so I can say I've done it - and maybe learn something in the process...... strip the paint, maybe paint it purple or somehting wierd-ass..... you know what I mean?