I'm A Noob with a few simple questions. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thekitt, Oct 1, 2004.

1. thekitt

Oct 1, 2004
    i always been into instruments and live music. my whole fam performs and plays and got me into it.

so i'm thinkin of finally picking one up. but i got a few questions tho. the type of music i wanna play ranges just a bit.
    i always been into like Funk Jazz so i am strongly considering a Bass.
    but i also am into Smooth Jazzy Jazz.

also is it possible to play jazzy jazz on a Bass or do i have to go to Electric or Accoustic in the string world of things?

i wanna be able to play Prince/Van Hunt type music at times but at others i wanna play mellow relaxing Jazz at other times but i wanna know if this is possible to do in strings.

and if u have any music from any artist that clearly defines and makes the strings stand out let me know so i can hear it so i can hear exactly what type music can be played with the strings.

2. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You can play any of those styles on electric just fine, and on strings just fine. Are many many examples of such. Jaco Patorious is a good one, John Patatucci is another. Both play a lot of jazz. This is likely the wrong forum for this, but Im sure a moderator will move it for you.

Welcome to the site, look around, a lot of your questions will be answered without even having to ask them :)